Kheld Form Shift Bind Problems

I need some help figuring out why my shapeshift binds don't seem to work. My goal is to hit left shift + 3 and change to dwarf, switch from tray 1 to tray 8, and bind F to Black Dwarf Step. Then hit left shift + 3 again to go back to tray one, switch to human form, and re-bind F to Shadow Step.

If I manually load the first bind file, everything works as it should (except it doesn't bindloadfile the second one). If I manually load the second file, nothing works; it doesn't toggle dwarf, doesn't switch trays, doesn't re-bind F.

First one (warshadedwarf.txt):

/bind lshift+3 "gototray 8$$powexectoggleon black dwarf$$bind f powexecname black dwarf step$$bindloadfile E:\CoH\data\warshadehuman2.txt"

Second one (warshadehuman2.txt):

/bind lshift+3 "gototray 1$$powexectoggleoff black dwarf$$bind f powexecname shadow step$$bindloadfile E:\CoH\data\warshadedwarf.txt"

I can get the toggle off and tray switch to work as a macro, however the macro keeps dropping off the re-bind F function after the tray switch. I did see another post that was having the same issue with commands disappearing in macros after tray switches, but have not spent a lot of time troubleshooting that myself.

That was me that was having the problems.

Caveat, I'm at work so can't test these.

The bind load needs underscores. Bind_load_file

Other than that it looks good. I'm presuming you're only dual forming. If you are tri you will need to add in a squid toggle off.

Let me know if that solves it

Indomitable server

Atomitor, Tarquin, Atomito, Daltron, Fusebox and more tbc

That was me that was having the problems.

Caveat, I'm at work so can't test these.

The bind load needs underscores. Bind_load_file

Underscores are not needed in the bind command, nor powexecname, powexecauto, powexectoggleon, and so forth. They aren't required or even parsed, they just make a command easier to read by our human brains :). Slashes are also not needed in front of the commands in a text file.

To execute the commands you are trying to achieve, here are some examples of lines from my own bind files, which work 95% of the time, as long as I wait for animations to play before loading another:

[WSHuman.txt]

y "gototrayalt2 8$$powexectoggleon Black Dwarf$$bindloadfile ./WSDwarf.txt"

q "gototrayalt2 9$$powexectoggleon Dark Nova$$bindloadfile ./WSNova.txt"

6 "powexecalt2slot 6"

lshift+lbutton "powexecname Shadow Step$$+first"

[WSDwarf.txt]

t "gototrayalt2 1$$powexectoggleoff Black Dwarf$$bindloadfile ./WSHuman.txt"

6 "powexeclocation target Black Dwarf Step"

lshift+lbutton "powexecname Black Dwarf Step"

tilde "targetenemynear$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Quantum$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Void$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Cyst$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Sapper$$powexecunqueue"

[WSNova.txt]

t "gototrayalt2 1$$powexectoggleoff Dark Nova$$bindloadfile ./WSHuman.txt"

mousechord "inspexecname escape$$inspexecname emerge$$inspexecname break free"

lshift+lbutton "nop"

My bind text files are located in the same directory as the game executable, which means I don't need to call the entire directory location to load the files, hence "./WSDwarf.txt" is all that is needed. Infernal's should work as "./data/warshadedwarf.txt", by extension.

Swapping trays, toggling a form and loading a new bind file are about the only commands I string together in one line. YMMV but it's better to separate any commands you don't need to happen immediately in one key press. You don't usually need to swap forms and TP somewhere immediately, so the key to bind shadow/dwarf step can live in its own command line.

In dwarf form, I bind the 6 key to TP to my target, so in my human form file, I rebind it to just be the 6th key on the alt2 tray. Both human and dwarf TP skills are bound to shift+left mouse in their respective files. I threw in my break free shortcut as well as one for targetting Quantums and other annoying baddies in case others might find them useful.

Hopefully this makes some sort of sense. Hammering out bind command woes is like a rite of passage for Kheldians  :P

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

Hammering out bind command woes is like a rite of passage for Kheldians  :P

Truth, much swearing, scratching head and alt tabbing to various web pages . once you get everything set up how you like however BOOM tri forming god mode

Indomitable server

Atomitor, Tarquin, Atomito, Daltron, Fusebox and more tbc

This is what I use, it gives me a button for each form and swaps my bottom tray.

/macro Nova "powexec_name Bright Nova$$goto_tray 9"

/macro Dwarf "powexec_name White Dwarf$$goto_tray 8"

/macro human "powexec_toggleoff Bright Nova$$powexec_toggleoff White Dwarf$$goto_tray 1"

I dont have my pb to 20 again so I havnt tested the Dwarf one, other two work fine.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I've given up on using goto_tray commands and instead just keep all 9 trays open at all times in the bottom right corner of my 2560x1440 screen.

Tray 1 is for alternate powers ... like Kheldian Forms (both of them) and Dual Pistols ammo types and so on ... while trays 2+ are used for the (regular) Human powers on every alt that I play.  That way I can use a common "base" bind file as a default starting point for all of my alts, and then just have individual character "modifier files" to adjust things on top of that base.

These are the bind files I use on my Kheldians.  Note that the keybind files are rigged to work no matter which form you're in, thanks to how some powers are invalidated by which Form you have active at any given time.  Since the powers with execute in reverse order (effectively), what the binds do is check for Dwarf form first, Nova form second and Human form last.  The only adjustment that is needed with this layout is that I've got the "q" on my keyboard bound as Follow and so need to do a double click in Dwarf form of tilde+q in order to Select target and Follow target for melee stickiness to $Target.  Other than that one bit of bother, everything else works using a single bindloadfile with no need to function call additional bindloadfiles dependent upon form shifting.

PB.txt

t "powexectoggleoff Bright Nova$$powexectoggleoff White Dwarf"
y "powexectoggleoff White Dwarf$$powexectoggleon Bright Nova"
g "powexectoggleoff Bright Nova$$powexectoggleon White Dwarf"
tilde "targetcustomnear enemy alive$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Quantum$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Void$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Cyst$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Sapper"
1 "powexectray 2 2$$powexectray 1 2"
2 "powexectray 2 2$$powexectray 1 1$$powexectray 5 1"
3 "powexectray 3 2$$powexectray 2 1$$powexectray 6 1"
4 "powexectray 4 2$$powexectray 3 1$$powexectray 7 1"
5 "powexectray 5 2$$powexectray 4 1$$powexectray 8 1"
6 "powexectray 6 2$$powexectray 9 1"
7 "powexectray 7 2"
8 "powexectray 8 2"
9 "powexectray 9 2"
0 "powexectray 10 2"
right "powexecname Energy Flight$$powexectoggleoff Quantum Acceleration$$powexectoggleoff Jump Pack"
shift+right "powexecname Quantum Acceleration"
down "powexecname Combat Flight$$powexectoggleoff Energy Flight$$powexectoggleoff Quantum Acceleration$$powexectoggleoff Jump Pack"
shift+left "powexecname Quantum Flight$$powexectoggleoff Jump Pack"
lshift+lbutton "powexecname White Dwarf Step"

WS.txt

t "powexectoggleoff Dark Nova$$powexectoggleoff Black Dwarf"
y "powexectoggleoff Black Dwarf$$powexectoggleon Dark Nova"
g "powexectoggleoff Dark Nova$$powexectoggleon Black Dwarf"
tilde "targetcustomnear enemy alive$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Quantum$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Void$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Cyst$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Sapper"
1 "powexectray 2 2$$powexectray 1 2"
2 "powexectray 2 2$$powexectray 1 1$$powexectray 5 1"
3 "powexectray 3 2$$powexectray 2 1$$powexectray 6 1"
4 "powexectray 4 2$$powexectray 3 1$$powexectray 7 1"
5 "powexectray 5 2$$powexectray 4 1$$powexectray 8 1"
6 "powexectray 6 2$$powexectray 9 1"
7 "powexectray 7 2"
8 "powexectray 8 2"
9 "powexectray 9 2"
0 "powexectray 10 2"
right "powexecname Shadow Step$$powexecname Black Dwarf Step"
shift+right "powexecname Shadow Slip"
down "powexecname Shadow Recall"
shift+left "powexecname Nebulous Form"
lshift+lbutton "powexecname Shadow Step$$powexecname Black Dwarf Step"

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.