AE Story Missions Making a Comeback! Twoflower + More! Join Us!

zsazsas

just talked to Stefan 'Twoflower' Gagne and he says he still has the data for all his old award-winning Mission Architect entries, and has already offered to try and remake them on the new servers.
From: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/coh-the-city-of-heroes-legacy-megathread-read-redtext-in-post-2-263.667941/page-249

Don't get me wrong, I love blitzing farm animals / Warriors / Santas to get to 50 in a day as much as the next hero. But AE can be used for so much more! It's such a cool system!!!

My friends all came flooding in when they heard my favorite game was back after 8 years, and I was heartbroken when I realized that I wouldn't be able to show them any of my favorite missions (as almost all of them were in AE). So it's really heartening to see some of the old guard already coming back, ready to rebuild.

I used to make AE missions myself, albeit badly. But hey! I've had seven years of experience DMing D&D games between then and now. I'm not half bad at weaving stories nowadays! I want to dive back into AE mission-making again after double exp ends on the new servers. You should join me!

I currently have 3 missions live on Torchbearer:

• Ecloga Prima - a custom critter showcase, entirely in Latin;
  • Death by Snoo-Snoo - a faitrly high level tanker challenge; and
  • The Great American Skull Fry - a lowbie oriented mission involving Skulls.

Most of them are also attempts at comedy. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Heyyy, great to see some familiar names! We should totally resurrect the MA Arc Finder channel -- or have some threads to share story arc IDs, like in the olden days. I've seen some authors (like TheCheshireCat) on the Homecoming discord too, though the AE channel is not focused too much on story arcs at the moment.

BTW, it seems like arcs are shared cross-server now after the May 1 update -- any arcs you had uploaded before that are also shared (and playable), but you may not be able to edit them anymore and won't be able to read feedback either.

I've uploaded my old set of arcs -- the first three are in the aforementioned 'limbo' state, but I have control of the second three. You can find them if you search for @Zaphir:

• ID 710: Who Dares Wins (Rogue, 30-35) - A Sky Raider captain executes a daring heist on Terra Volta with unexpected results.
  • ID 711: The Coldest of Wars (Hero, 40-45) - Crey awakens something sleeping under Paragon City, and it's up to you to stop it!
  • ID 713: The Astral Prison (Hero, 40-54) - You awake to find yourself trapped on a strange alien world. Can you escape?
  • ID 1300: Tales from a Scorched Earth - To Reign in Hell (Villain, 20-25) - Two years after most life on Earth was extinguished by a catastrophic solar event, you emerge from an Arachnos arbiter's bunker in Grandville.
  • ID 1301: Tales from a Scorched Earth - Kali's Scythe (Hero, 20-25) - Two years after most life on Earth was extinguished by a catastrophic solar event, you emerge from a Vanguard shelter in Atlas Park.
  • ID 1302: To Dream of Nothing (Hero, 20-29) - The PPD asks for your help with a missing person case that quickly spirals out of control.

Well, congratulations. Y'all have inspired me to at least put together a very basic story arc, just to figure out how AE works. Are there any good tutorials you folk would suggest? I'm thinking of starting with just a small 3-mission arc or somesuch to work out the system, and then I'll work from there.

Hey! I've been working on re-editing some AE arcs of mine. I'm not in-game at the moment, but you can find them on Everlasting by searching my global @AgentEmu! I can work on making them on all servers if you'd like.

Blood Brother - a lvl 1-9 hero arc. Designed to be sorta street-level. You are a new vigilante/hero scoping out a bar in Atlas Park that has become a haven for the Hellions gang.

Desperate Measures - Level 20-25ish? My love-letter to Virtue's Pocket D. Help Desperate Guy find true love! Playstyle is a little clunky, be warned, but it is super funny!

Note: These are very story-oriented. Don't expect to get sooo much XP from them. They aren't farmable.

A bunch of AE functionality got broken in the last couple of years on live (mostly as a by-product of trying to nerf farms). Unless Leandro/SCoRE fixed or rolled-back all that, it will be difficult to get older missions working properly.

I did not realize that the missions I had previously published were still in fact available, just not showing up as 'my published stories'.  I will probably pull the second, in my control version of Ecloga Prima, and replace it with another, probably Deth Kick Champions

It seems that the available file size has been markedly expanded on  these. 

EDIT - BUG: I pulled the second version of Ecloga Prima, and it shows me as having only two missions published under my name, and the file has no errors: still, I cannot publish a third.  On live I had the full eight slots, even if the constantly changing censor meant that most of them did not work all the time. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291