Is Mistress Maria supposed to be an automatic and permanent Contact?

Lazarillo

At level 29, all my characters get automatically contacted by Archmage Hellewise and Mistress Maria, and they never get out-leveled, despite presumably being connected to Night Ward which stops after the 30s.  I haven't tried talking to Hellewise, but Maria also opens her arc by referencing a bunch of stuff my character did in First Ward, even if they never actually went to First Ward.

I feel like these two contacts probably shouldn't work this way?

At level 29, all my characters get automatically contacted by Archmage Hellewise and Mistress Maria, and they never get out-leveled, despite presumably being connected to Night Ward which stops after the 30s.  I haven't tried talking to Hellewise, but Maria also opens her arc by referencing a bunch of stuff my character did in First Ward, even if they never actually went to First Ward.

I feel like these two contacts probably shouldn't work this way?

Night Ward's level range goes up to level 40. Both these contacts are there to lead you there, story-wise, from First Ward. Hellewise's arc teaches you to use the Carnie paths to teleport back and forth between First Ward and Night Ward. Mistress Maria introduces you to Montague Castanella in Night Ward, the start of the Night Ward story line. She will stay a contact for you until you outlevel Night Ward at level 40.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

Night Ward's level range goes up to level 40. Both these contacts are there to lead you there, story-wise, from First Ward.

...which is why it seems wrong that they're showing up automagically on characters who never went to First Ward and sticking around even when those characters hit 50, I guess is what I'm saying.

Night Ward's level range goes up to level 40. Both these contacts are there to lead you there, story-wise, from First Ward.

...which is why it seems wrong that they're showing up automagically on characters who never went to First Ward and sticking around even when those characters hit 50.

Your character hasn't done First Ward... yet! At some point in their future, they might go back in time and at that point they'll technically have done the First Ward story before they spoke to Mistress Maria, at least from her perspective! ;D

Hellewise's "arc" is technically a 29-50 contact, which is why she won't go away until you go and do her arc. Mistress Maria should drop off at level 40, but I'm not in game to check.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah