Please critique my Fire/Kin build?

Robotech_Master

Would anyone care to give me their thoughts on this build? Disregard the level numbers at which Enhancement slots are placed, because this is intended to represent the character at 50 no matter how I get there. Assume all common IOs and purples will be +5, and all others will be Attuned.

I'm most interested in knowing if I'm making any slotting mistakes, whether it was a good idea to skip Ring of Fire and Smoke, and whether if there's anything better I should put in place of the Steadfast and Zephyr Knockback protects. The 4 mag protect I'm getting from Overwhelming Force should be enough by itself—it is on my Dark/Dark Controller—but I'm not sure there's necessarily anything better to replace them with. Should I just go with a 50+5 Damage Resist in Increase Density?

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Purrokittenetic: Level 50 Science Controller

Primary Power Set: Fire Control

Secondary Power Set: Kinetics

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Char -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dam%(34)

Level 1: Transfusion -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(36), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(36), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(36), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), TchoftheN-%Dam(37)

Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(7), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(37), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(39)

Level 4: Siphon Power -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 8: Hot Feet -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(9), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(9), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(11), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(11), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(25)

Level 10: Siphon Speed -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 12: Flashfire -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(13), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(15), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(17)

Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)

Level 16: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResKB(A)

Level 18: Cinders -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(21), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(23), UnbCns-Dam%(23)

Level 20: Speed Boost -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(21)

Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(25), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)

Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc-KB/Rech(A), SuddAcc-KB/Dmg/Rech(27), SuddAcc-KB/Dmg/End(27), SuddAcc-KB/Acc/Dmg(29), SuddAcc-KB/Acc(29), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(31)

Level 28: Inertial Reduction -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)

Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50)

Level 32: Fire Imps -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SlbAll-Build%(34)

Level 35: Transference -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(42), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(43), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg(43), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(43), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(46)

Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)

Level 41: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 44: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(46)

Level 47: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(48), Ags-Psi/Status(48)

Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)

Level 1: Containment

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(50), EndMod-I(50)

------------

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

Robotech Master,

First, I love controller's name.  For the price, I think that build will be very squishy.  As a pure team player, he/she can probably survive, but solo will be a challenge.

For some more durability, I suggest you drop a few powers in favor of boxing or kicking and tough and weave.  Maybe assault, siphon power, and inertial reduction, or vengeance.  In your budget, you should be able to get at least a few resistances or defenses soft capped.

I also love the name.

A few suggestions:

You definitely definitely don't need assault or inertial reduction, and do need more survivability.

Panacea Proc or Miracle proc would be better than Numina's in your health hole.  I personally like Panacea and Miracle myself.

Overall it feels like there is lot of investment in the build but not much direction.  Do you have specific goals for the build (i.e. perma hasten) or did you just pick the rarest set for the power you know you use already? 

The build was conceived mainly as a pure teaming build. I like playing in teams and being able to support them well, you get more XP that way (I started playing this character Saturday morning, and by Sunday night I was level 50 with my Alpha unlocked!) and given that a lot of Kinetic's powers are most useful on others rather than yourself, it seemed the logical choice.

(I did swap in Eye of the Basilisk in my Char, though. And also had it in Cinders until I hit 50 and could purple out.)

Perhaps I'll do an alternate build for soloing, getting rid of the Leadership pool in favor of taking the Fighting pool instead. (Honestly, it didn't even occur to me. I mainly think of Fighting as a thing you put on your Brute or Tank to finish capping their resists or defense.)

As for what I was going for, mainly perma or near perma hasten, but also some nice regen, accuracy, and travel speed buffs. Though to a certain extent it was just purpling out stuff I already had. Just my good luck that most of those purples had large buffs of the kinds I wanted.

I know I don't really need some of these powers, but in some cases I couldn't really think of anything else I wanted. Assault adds a nice little chunk of damage and doesn't need any slotting beyond a 50+5 Endreduc in the main slot, so it was a decent enough choice.

As for Inertial Reduction, it also didn't need any slotting, and it gives me an alternative if my Siphon Speed should miss or there isn't an appropriate enemy around to use it on. Granted, not so important now that so many jet packs and such are available, but I like jumping. For the same price, I could just have taken plain old Super Jump, but I figured I might as well have a version I could give to those around me, too.

I'll definitely check out those other procs. Thanks for your feedback!

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!