Proliferating Shields for Blasters???

Could this ever be a possibility? With characters like Shield wielding Clerics and the Shield Hero from the anime of the same name, I think shields would be awesome for characters with long range powers. I know the whole power type would have to be re-worked so blasters could not exploit defense and resistance, but do you think it would be possible to proliferate Shields to blasters as an Epic power pool.

At 35 you can take the Shield Defense epic power pool with maybe Battle Agility, Against All Odds, Grant Cover, Shield Charge, and the 5th would be hard to say because I know you would not want to give too much defense or resistance but may deflect/active defense/true grit (maybe make it only apply the resistance and no extra HP, or vice versa). Do you think something like that could work and be possible for the Blaster?

Also, do you think switching the shield arm or even dual shielding would be possible? (Avengers: Infinity War showed that dual shield could work and be cool! (dream of mine for a hero lol))

I think the problem might be that so many blaster powers use both hands extensively in the animations that shield would be wonky as hell. I've always assumed that's why Sentinels didn't get Shield.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

Could this ever be a possibility?

Short answer:  no.

Long answer:  Shield is a defense powerset.  Blasters do not get defense powersets.  As such, Blasters cannot get the Shield powerset.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Simply use a Sentinel. That's your blaster with shields. Of course sentinels won't blast as well, but that's to be expected.

Sentinels don't get shields.

.... well, that is a Proliferation that not only could I support, but would make reasonable sense, too.  :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism