Should I be crafting and using low lvl enhancements at 50

Boon

The Uniques are.Their bonus doesn't change with level and the lower level versions can make exemplaring down easier. You can attune anything though (because someone will undoubtedly tell me about it if I don't mention it.)

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

if I attune an enhancement does that make say a lvl 24 IO have the same bonuses of a lvl 50 IO?

No, it means that the enhancement level is always equal to your character level (up to the maximum level range of the enhancement in question). So an attuned enhancement with a 20-50 range will have stats equivalent to its L20 version while the character is L20, 21 at 21, etc. etc. up to 50. Basically, the enhancement grows up with you.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

The Uniques are.Their bonus doesn't change with level and the lower level versions can make exemplaring down easier. You can attune anything though (because someone will undoubtedly tell me about it if I don't mention it.)

I saw the thread title and immediately clicked on it to talk about attuned enhancements lol

Attune the low level ones, then boost em when you hit 50, unless you plan to keep doing low level content, then just leave them attuned.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster