Signature Story Arcs Time Question

Vitaee

I know the Signature Story Arcs (SSA) have a reward timer that limits how often you can get the same reward to once every seven days. (Actually, every 7 days minus 6 hours which works about to every 162 hours, but that is a trivial detail for my question.  I also know that the first time you do a SSA with a character is a "freebie" where the 7 day timer doesn't activate.  Here's my question though.  Does each chapter in the SSA have it's own timer, or does one timer apply to all chapters in the arc?  I mean, supposing I've used up my one "freebie", if I do Chapter 1 of Who May Die (WMD) on July 1, I know that I have to wait to July 8 to do Chapter 1 to get the full reward table, but do I have to wait till July 8 to get the full reward table for ANY chapter in WMD?  Basically, I would like to do Chapter 1 of WMD on Sunday, Chapter 2 on Monday, Chapter 3 on Tuesday, etc., while getting the full reward table each time.  Is it supposed to work this way, or am I limited to getting the full reward table once per 7 days for ANY chapter of WMD?

Related question, is the reward table timer for WMD in any way connected to the reward table timer for the second signature arc, Pandora's Box? (PB)

Thanks in advance.

That's what I thought, but I was having issues with this, and started writing down when I completed each chapter of WWD.

I did Chapter 1 on 07/02/19 and completed and got the reward at 2:11pm (UTC-8) and got the 20 merit option.  The next time I did Chapter 1 was on 07/19/19 completed at 1:09pm.

I believe I should have gotten the 20 merit option since it was about an hour short of 17 days since I had done that chapter, but that option was red to me, and I could only take the 5 merit option.  Any idea what gives here? Is there something I'm missing?

You are not alone in having this issue...(I don't play them frequently enough to have this issue)...

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,6970.0.html

My suggestion would be to enter a support ticket and see what our good friends the GM's say...

https://support.homecomingservers.com/

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On 7/20/2019 at 3:43 AM, Vitaee said:

That's what I thought, but I was having issues with this, and started writing down when I completed each chapter of WWD.

I did Chapter 1 on 07/02/19 and completed and got the reward at 2:11pm (UTC-8) and got the 20 merit option.  The next time I did Chapter 1 was on 07/19/19 completed at 1:09pm.

I believe I should have gotten the 20 merit option since it was about an hour short of 17 days since I had done that chapter, but that option was red to me, and I could only take the 5 merit option.  Any idea what gives here? Is there something I'm missing?

The question would be whether you did any other chapters, including from the other arc, during that time.

ALL of the chapters from BOTH signature story arcs share the same timer.  Once you get your 'freebie' from each chapter, the timer applies.

The relevant line from ParagonWiki is as follows: " Each separate reward can be chosen once every 162 hours (6 days, 18 hours), regardless of which episode is being played – all episodes use the same reward timer per reward choice, meaning four reward timers. "  The page is located at https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Signature_Story_Arc

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.