Most Damaging Primary Paired With Kinetics

Darkir

3 hours ago, Darkir said:

Another huge benefit that the i24/25 changes allowed for kinetics was the ability to slot the kb to kd io from sudden acceleration into repel, this makes repel go from useless/not helpful to amazing. Couple that with the FF recharge proc and repel allows you to reach huge levels of recharge and semi CC, of course, in order to really get these benefits you need to build your character to survive in melee range, but you get the most out of fulcrum shift in melee range anyway.

I'm not sure about 'amazing'.

FF recharge only procs when you hit a target, so you need to be standing in the middle of not just a crowd but a tightly packed crowd (9 yard radius) - with no ability to actually pack that crowd (no taunt). Assuming you do so, you'll end up with about 50% up-time at the expense of 1% end/sec (can't be reduced) and 0.78%/sec (can be reduced). Moreover, while it will slow down attacks against you, it won't actually stop them - you still need defenses capable of operating in melee range for prolonged periods of time (without either status protection or defense debuff resistance, you're going to spend quite a bit of time dead).

Compared to using AE knockdown in primary for the same (or better) recharge, it cost ridiculous amounts of endurance while putting you in extreme danger.

Something to remember is that the guys who thrive pulling aggro in melee don't just have decent resists. They have decent resists, strong defenses, status protection and debuff resistances. It's possible to build a Corruptor/Defender that has some of those elements. Trying to build one with all of those elements? When your support set can't slot IOs that improve your defenses to any meaningful extent? That's not practical. About all you can hope for would be something like a "pure fire farm" build where your defenses are strictly tuned to protect against fire (and only fire) but you're useless anywhere else.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:38 PM, Hjarki said:

I'm not sure about 'amazing'.

FF recharge only procs when you hit a target, so you need to be standing in the middle of not just a crowd but a tightly packed crowd (9 yard radius) - with no ability to actually pack that crowd (no taunt). Assuming you do so, you'll end up with about 50% up-time at the expense of 1% end/sec (can't be reduced) and 0.78%/sec (can be reduced). Moreover, while it will slow down attacks against you, it won't actually stop them - you still need defenses capable of operating in melee range for prolonged periods of time (without either status protection or defense debuff resistance, you're going to spend quite a bit of time dead).

Compared to using AE knockdown in primary for the same (or better) recharge, it cost ridiculous amounts of endurance while putting you in extreme danger.

Something to remember is that the guys who thrive pulling aggro in melee don't just have decent resists. They have decent resists, strong defenses, status protection and debuff resistances. It's possible to build a Corruptor/Defender that has some of those elements. Trying to build one with all of those elements? When your support set can't slot IOs that improve your defenses to any meaningful extent? That's not practical. About all you can hope for would be something like a "pure fire farm" build where your defenses are strictly tuned to protect against fire (and only fire) but you're useless anywhere else.

On my fire/kin corruptor I have softcapped s/l def, hardcapped s/l res, mez protection with clarion or rune of protection depending on which build im using, perma hasten, instasnipe, and I routinely run directly into the middle of a mob with repel on without any problems. It is true that I do not have debuff resistance, but things almost never live long enough for that to be an issue. When I am in the middle of a mob the uptime on the FF proc in repel is up more than 50% of the time when surrounded, closer to 60-70% I think, but I'd need to actually test this. I do have a pure fire build too, but for most content I just use my kintank build. If you are fighting mobs with mez, then you need to watch out for your endurance because you don't have ageless, but transference is on a 9-10 second cd and I have conserve power (again depending on the build I'm using) just in case so its fine. If you aren't fighting mobs with mez, then just use ageless and don't worry about it. This is why I like kinetics, it allows me to minimally slot my secondary and focus on bonuses in other powers. Of course, other dmg types are a problem, like the nitctus in ITFs, but then I just wait for the brute/tank/scrapper to go first and then jump in.

Edited by Darkir