Need a build while I am away. sonic/regen

Destlin

Hi guys! I am currently working on a pines build but alas i have to be gone all day with only phone access. I was looking for some regen pointer, like do i really need much defense and resist with the absorb shield and what powers can you skip in sonic? I have a character rolled up with armor and wings and a bird head called Iron Falcon ( cheesy I know) that I know won't be the min/max dps i like to try for with other builds, but man do I like playing that character. Something about regen is just fun, idk. Also if you just want to point me in the right direction I will happily read w/e posts i can about regen. Read some advice from Oldskool ( pretty sure i just misspelled that) that was pretty helpful getting started. And on a toon with such low defense should I worry about it at all or is it even more important because we can get so little? (ie should i take fighting pool or is it a waste on /regen) 

Thanks guys, SENTINELS ROCK!

Edited by Destlin

I had made a Dark/Regen on Justin that I was testing for a while before I just dropped it.  Regen on Sentinels is pretty durable but not to the levels of like Invulnerability is or some of the crazy things Super Reflexes, Energy Aura or Ninjutsu are capable of. 

Regeneration has always had a fondness for trying to layer on extra mitigation since it's base is so heavily geared towards healing.  Hover is extremely useful for avoiding melee early, but stacking Tough/Weave/Maneuvers is still a good idea.  If you really want Link Minds from Psi, that can also help.  Just don't expect to build to over 30% defenses, using things like the Event sets for example for their 5% bonuses, because it can hamper your offense.  I don't have that Dark/Regen build anymore, but I think it got around low-mid 20's.  Then again, I paired it with Dark because of the to hit buffs. 

I haven't gotten super far on Sonic.  I'm trying to make sure I can skip Shout since I hated that power with a passion on Live.  Screech is the backbone of Sentinel Sonic and makes it powerful for single target.  Shriek and Scream are within tiny numbers of each other which fits well as a sandwich to Screech.  I can't make a claim on the best attack chain on that yet though.  There are about 4 attack chains that Defenders can use for Sonic and their version of Screech has a base 20 second recharge (Sentinel is 12?).  I'd take a look at their board and see what Bopper has on that.  I used the "classic" Shriek Shout Shriek Scream before (or Shriek Scream Shriek Shout - been a while).  Shout is just so slow.  I'd love to skip it, and I suspect Sentinels can.  Edit, here is a thread on Sonic Blast between Bopper and Auroxis.  Recharge numbers on Sentinels are different, but the ideal attack chains should be easy to adapt to Sentinels. 

I don't know how I feel about Siren's Song, but Shockwave and Howl you should take.  Shockwave with KB to KD gets better and these cones all hit 10 targets, apply the universal -5% resistance as well as another -9.6%.  I keep going back and forth on making a Sonic Defender or Sentinel.  I'm really indecisive and both are great for very different reasons.

Edited by oldskool

Screech Shriek Scream Shriek is a great and easy to attain attack chain, and Screech Shriek Scream should be attainable on high recharge builds (Shriek Scream takes 3s to animate, so you need 400% rech in Screech - 100% from slotting, 70% from haste, that's +130% from other sources, set bonuses and whatnot). Probably worth building for Screech Shriek Scream Shriek, then skip one Shriek whenever there's extra recharge from outside sources. Going to STRONGLY second throwing Shout to the garbage bin and never looking back. :D