Titan/Regen Brute vs Scrapper

Tore

I'm on the fence whether I should be using titan/regen on brute or scrapper as the title says. The baseline on /regen for brutes is not -that- much higher from what I can tell, so I'm wondering if regen is even a worthwhile powerset on a brute. Also Titan weapons seem like they would benefit a lot from crits. Anyone have thoughts on this?

If I'm going to go the regen route is it a waste of time and effort on a brute? What are the pro's and cons? That kinda thing.

Scrapper base HP:1338

Brute base HP:1499

Scrapper HP cap: 2409

Brute HP cap: 3212

If you can stack a lot of +hp bonuses with IO set, regen is going to be better on brute. Moment of Glory will also be more effective because the brute resistance cap is higher (90%) than the scrapper one (70%)

If you don’t want to spend a lot in IO for +HP and +rech, they are equal

I agree that Regen will show much better on a Brute than it will on a Scrapper - but given the massive difference in HP, thats probably going to be a given for any defensive powerset.

I will second the others who say that Titan Weapons will be rough on fury generation, at least early on, and the focus on AOE may drive one to gathering groups about you, which is the opposite of playing to Regen's strengths.

On the whole, my gut says that Regen probably wants a fast attack set, and Titan Weapons wants a really alpha-resistant defense set.  OTOH, it depends on how deep into IOs and Incarnate you want to go - Ive an untested suspicion that deep in IOs and Incarnate content, brutes will be making both Tanks and Scrappers feel redundant, given the right power choices and sets.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute