Question on KB->KD IO's and slotting for Knockdown IO's

For skills, like Repel, Whirlwind, Repulsion Field.   When I slot it for KB->KD but also put in knockback IO's where it says, increase the knockback potential by X%.   Will it increase the chance of the mobs being knocked down as the skill pulses on them?   

I want to increase the odds that my skills will knockdown.     I have several ideas brewing  regarding Repel/Whirlwind on /Kins  probably a MasterMind, but maybe Electric/Kin Controller.  And also a MM with /FF using Repulsion Field and Whirlwind.    

I want to make sure everything is changed to knockdown and not knockback but still increase the mag/chance of knockdown.

That's never how KB works, sorry.  Slotting for KB would increase the magnitude of the Knockback, sending the enemies further.  However, using the KB > KD piece does remove that consideration.  (Which does mean that the only reason you would slot for KB after having that piece in is to get set bonuses.)

52 minutes ago, Generator said:

That's never how KB works, sorry.  Slotting for KB would increase the magnitude of the Knockback, sending the enemies further.  However, using the KB > KD piece does remove that consideration.  (Which does mean that the only reason you would slot for KB after having that piece in is to get set bonuses.)

OK, well that makes things more simple then.   I can just focus on the set bonuses i want.   

Here is the reason i was asking.

Edited by SmalltalkJava