i can't connect with the game

Jiriu

Just now, Jiriu said:

Hello, I can not start the game, I changed several times of accounts, password, etc... and I can not do anything. You will find the message I receive each time attached. can someone help me?

Have you ever been able to connect?

This happens to me when I put in the wrong username/password combination...I know that you said you changed it, but I ask because the Forum Account/Password is not the same used by the game.  You can manage the game account information by click the Game Account Link in the forums top toolbar.

Let us know if that's still not the issue and if you have been able to connect

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• Retired Game Master
  • Do you use firewall software?  Did you set up an exception for homecoming.exe, or tell the software to allow homecoming.exe access to the internet?
  • Are you playing on a public network in a place like a mall or a school?
  • What are the results if you do the following:
    • Right click on the Start menu and choose "Run"
    • Type "cmd" and click OK
    • In the Command Prompt, type "ping hc-db-excelsior.homecomingservers.com" and press Enter

i don't know if i have a firewall sortware, i don't remenber installing one but maybe it was already installed with the computer.

No, i play in my home on my private network.

i don't know of which Start menu you are talking about

Right click on the "Windows" icon on the far left of the taskbar on the bottom...That's the same as "Start"

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On 7/31/2019 at 11:19 PM, GM Capocollo said:
  • Do you use firewall software?  Did you set up an exception for homecoming.exe, or tell the software to allow homecoming.exe access to the internet?
  • Are you playing on a public network in a place like a mall or a school?
  • What are the results if you do the following:
    • Right click on the Start menu and choose "Run"
    • Type "cmd" and click OK
    • In the Command Prompt, type "ping hc-db-excelsior.homecomingservers.com" and press Enter 

ok, i did that, was the game supposed to start immediately?

If you use the ping command in a command prompt, you should be able to see if you have connection between you and the server.

It should look something like this :

image.png.e26d6d9a42fd5dd6d46c252fc3233847.png

You can see in the picture I attached, that the server replied to me, in about 100 milliseconds.

If it can reply, there's a connection between my machine, and the server.

Edited by Jesus4U

On 8/4/2019 at 9:08 AM, Jiriu said:

an unknown problem, how lucky I am lol

Try this:

Click your search button next to the start button.

Type in firewall

You should see a Firewall & Network Protection

Click each entry (might be 2 or 3, Domain, Private, Public) and turn them all to off

Try CoH

If that works you can turn them all back on, 1 by 1, until you figure out who is causing the problem.  Report back and we can work on setting up an exemption for CoH.

If that doesn't work, let me/us know and we can look at something different.

20 hours ago, Jiriu said:

I tried your idea, I blocked all my firewalls but the problem is not solved, I still receive the same message mentioned above.

How do you connect to the internet?

Is there a separate modem and router/switch or is it all in one?  If you aren't sure, where it comes in your house from the ISP is there a single Ethernet jack or multiple?

The one you plug the network cable into. as opposed to a phone line or cable TV coax.

Who is your ISP?  On the box from your ISP there will be a brand and maybe a model like Arris TM822G or some such.

What we want to see is if we can work around any firewalls.  Most home switches/switch router combos had a simple one by default.  Some you can turn off.  Some get locked by the ISP and you have to contact them.  I'm just trying to get a grasp for what you have so I can plan the next test.

A couple of other tests that can be tried quickly:

If you use a free proxy or vpn service can you connect to CoH?

Can you connect to Victory or one of the other CoX providers?