Something new

ZeusMagnus

I’m two weeks in playing since the shutdown in 2012 and decided to start by making a scrapper which I did (KM/WP) and wanted to make a new one cause I feel KM is too slow for a scrapper and wanted to try one of the New melees that weren’t there when the game was live so I’m looking for recommendations.

I tend to forget that Psi and Savage exist, haha. Haven't tried them yet.

Staff and Street Justice were in the live game, but not until relatively late in its life. Ice Melee is very much not a new set, but it wasn't available to scrappers before shutdown.

Street Justice is good ST dmg, get some additional AoE from Pools/Epics and you have a solid primaty. Psi melee is great, one of the less resisted dmg types in game. Main complain about it is that, the enemies who resist psi dmg, albeit few, are highly resistant to it so you can also resource to secondary powerset, pools and epics to get different dmg types. Staff is also solid but the animations are somewhat of an acquired taste, especially the "breakdance/electric boogaloo" one.

Psi/Fire or Psi/DA are the ones I'd recommend. I also have a StJ/Nin for concept reasons but on this combo, both sets would be new for you on scrappers since Ninjitsu was never on live.