Zone PvP - Am I missing something?

Eppidu

So I'm interested in zone PvP moreso than Arena in a zoom around and fight casual/fun/non-organised kind of way. I joined the unoffical PvP server and since hitting 50 have gone to RV at various time of the day/night to see what's happening.

Assuming there are a handful of people there, all I ever see are people just standing around Atlas Park statue comparing e-peens and talking smack with the odd 'duel' now and then. Am I missing something? Is that really the extent of what zone PvP is? Should I just toss in the towel and accept that PvP here isn't really much of a thing (maybe outside some dedicated small pvp community that organizes matches in arena?) Would moving to a different server be better?

I know this sounds harsh and my intention isn't to insult anyone, I'm just very disappointed in what I've seen as I was looking forward to some zone PvP fun and people just standing around talking the usual 'my dad can beat up your dad' stuff is very much a big turnoff.

Edited by Eppidu

You know, thats not half bad an answer lol.

I guess underneath it all I'm questioning if I should invest the time it takes to farm (something that doesn't fill me with joy) to build a pvp toon that isn't cannon fodder if the scene is as weak as it appears. I'll think about it.

It depends on when you're in the zone and who else happens to be in there. Some people like to do the standing around, dueling PvP (fight clubbing), most of the time it's just a few people on either side with a bit of back and forth, and occasionally you'll get 20+ people in the zone on teams and it will be more fast paced and chaotic.

• Like 1