Thoughts on making a Super Strength Scrappers

Ironscarlet

7 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

One of the limitations of game mechanics...it CoH, A Trick Arrow/Archery Defender and an Inv/Titan Weapon tank can be balanced...

Can, sure.

Should? Subjective, IMO.

My point is that I can make any combo into a god with the right IOs and build.

Just because another combo can do 50% more damage than is needed to do the same thing I can already do - clear the content unharmed - why would I care...why would anyone care what the 'others' do?

I see a game to relax and enjoy, others see a thing to beat, others see a thing to beat and then use the way they did it to beat others into submitting to the Meta...

Players can get to 50 within a few hours, fully incarnate in a few more, mixed in all the time with lower levels, etc.

When is anyone really in some perfectly balanced team anyway?

Thus - Thor and Hawkeye.

I have no problem with taking a whack at these things to get them in the ballpark of baseline, but c'mon, this is a frickin' video game in which we already become comical gods, with the top dog shifting with every single update ever made to the game.

A baseline is fine and all to adhere to, but missing the mark won't ruin the game and things can be tweaked later, as they always are.

5 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

Can, sure.

Should? Subjective, IMO.

My point is that I can make any combo into a god with the right IOs and build.

Just because another combo can do 50% more damage than is needed to do the same thing I can already do - clear the content unharmed - why would I care...why would anyone care what the 'others' do?

I see a game to relax and enjoy, others see a thing to beat, others see a thing to beat and then use the way they did it to beat others into submitting to the Meta...

Players can get to 50 within a few hours, fully incarnate in a few more, mixed in all the time with lower levels, etc.

When is anyone really in some perfectly balanced team anyway?

Thus - Thor and Hawkeye.

I have no problem with taking a whack at these things to get them in the ballpark of baseline, but c'mon, this is a frickin' video game in which we already become comical gods, with the top dog shifting with every single update ever made to the game.

A baseline is fine and all to adhere to, but missing the mark won't ruin the game and things can be tweaked later, as they always are.

I agree with this 100%

Perfect balance in the game will never happen...it's way too hard to define a common metric between all powerset/AT's and then to easily measure against it...We take the best swing at it that we can with the data that's not terribly difficult to get and deploy.  Like you said, small tweaks can always be made later...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

11 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

I agree with this 100%

Perfect balance in the game will never happen...it's way too hard to define a common metric between all powerset/AT's and then to easily measure against it...We take the best swing at it that we can with the data that's not terribly difficult to get and deploy.  Like you said, small tweaks can always be made later...

Or big ones, or better ones, or terrible ones.

So many possibilities, so little time to write code.

Right now there are people turning up their noses at the changes that occured while the game was Retail, when they even think these were added later...who won't play any of the new combos...there is always going to be someone that does not like a change.

Screw 'em. 🙂

I anxiously await everything anyone is trying to add or change to make this game better, even if it falls flat and has to be redacted or changed, I don't want to see this thing stagnate if there are people will to tweak it.

The only speed bump to proliferating powers in the game IMO is the time and energy to do it, not simply because a few people wiil not like it, or will bitch about the minutae of how it ws done...you cannot please all of the people...

Edited by jubakumbi

6 hours ago, jubakumbi said:

Power up a personal server and tweak the SS numbers and powers on a Scrapper until it looks good, then share the data.

Everyone is terrified of the Scrapper crits with SS, IRRC, so just tweak the numbers.

No need to wait for someone else to do it...

Good assumption.  Oh, but for me having something like rage on a scrapper is a major change.  I get that a many players are just about the dps.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: