auction house ate a bunch of my inf?

miaasma

paid the fee for putting an enhancement in, decided to take it back out, then found i couldn't re-enter it because i never got the influence back from putting up the enhancement the first time.  did i do something wrong?  is this a bug?

Sometimes it's difficult to get the recent sales to come up to see what you should choose as a list price. I've always had luck, however, placing a mock purchase of 1 influence then hitting the "find" button to see what the most recent sales are. It's helped me not price something that's not going to sell.

The purpose of this is to prevent people from trying to wring out every last inf from a sale.  You can't post at a high price, reduce it a little if it doesn't sell, etc.  I mean, you CAN, but it will cost you.  The system encourages you to post an item at a reasonable price on the first try.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

5 hours ago, miaasma said:

paid the fee for putting an enhancement in, decided to take it back out, then found i couldn't re-enter it because i never got the influence back from putting up the enhancement the first time.  did i do something wrong?  is this a bug?

There are two fees for selling (none for buying).  First one is the posting fee, which is the minimum maximum of 5% of your asking price, or 5 inf.  That is gone as soon as you post and you lose it if you take down your offer.  The second one is the sales fee, which will be the difference between your posting fee and 10% of your sales price.  You will always walk away from a successful sale with 90% of the proceeds of your selling price.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata

Who run Bartertown?