Forced rename?

anubis

One of my characters was prompted with a rename the other day when logging on. This character was a tribute of a podcast character with the characters actual name. Are we starting to "generic" IP characters now or did someone complain (maybe the actor or member of the show complained/wanted the name if they play)?

I'm not salty about it. Just wondering.

Edited by anubis

• Retired Game Master

I don’t see anything that rings a bell in the discipline logs, so I’d need more information to look into this.  First of all, what name was it? Did you transfer it to another shard?

Edited by GM Capocollo

What level is the character and how long ago did you last log into them?

You have to remember the Name release policy, even on a very specific name like that. If it's Lv1 or something it has the least time left before you have to log in again to keep the name locked down. The only way to make the name permanent is if you get it to Lv50.

Edited by Oneirohero

11 hours ago, Oneirohero said:

What level is the character and how long ago did you last log into them?

You have to remember the Name release policy, even on a very specific name like that. If it's Lv1 or something it has the least time left before you have to log in again to keep the name locked down. The only way to make the name permanent is if you get it to Lv50.

He is low, but a level 5 I think. I had logged in a week after moving him successfully to everlasting so that shouldn't be it.

10 hours ago, GM Capocollo said:

We haven't renamed any characters named "Usidore the blue".  I don't know what happened here, but it wasn't a forced rename.

Yeah. It's an odd one. Oh well. He's a niche joke character so no real harm. I was more curious if his creator was in game. That would be hilarious if so since he's a improv commedian. Thanks for checking. The mystery will continue..

Only level 5?

After .... I think it's 10 days not logged in, if someone else tries to create a new character with the name your lowbie has ... they get the name, and you get a forced rename.

As level climbs, the length of time you're "safe" grows.

And all you have to do is log in to that character, then immediately log out, to reset the timer.

🙂

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I don't believe the naming policy has gone into affect...it had not as of the end of July and one would hope they would communicate as such if it changed...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting