Kinetics slotting or?

Doc Ranger

After getting my Rad/Bio Brute and Dk/Dk Troller fully setted and done I am wanting to start something else. 

I have a Kin/Rad Def that I got to 38 (using basic IOs) but stopped playing due to the Brute taking over. I am considering taking him to 50 but I noticed a few Kin builds here have basically nothing slotted in most of the Kin powers. Is that the norm? I have no idea how to slot sets in Kin/Rad but it seems odd to not slot anything in your main powerset.

On that note, anyone have a nice build for this combo? 

Or...I like playing support toons. Any suggestions for a nice fun combo for team play? I’ve got lots of Trollers so maybe a Defender? I love debuffing groups...my Dk/Dk troller is a ton of fun. Was thinking Cold/Sonic but I keep hearing it’s more single target focused. 

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior. 

Most of kinetics doesn't really benefit from slotting except for recharge and acc. You don't need acc if you can get tohit and acc from other sources and I wouldn't recommend more than one recharge io in each power anyway. A lot of people use increased density to save a slot and put the gladiator +3% def io. This allows you to focus on your secondary powers and defense. The only thing you could add more slots into is repel, but even then I slot it with one end redux, one FF recharge proc, and one kb to kd io. Kinetics is a very strong buffing powerset as you can cap your team's damage quite easily.

Cold/Sonic is great at debuffing, but it is more single target focused. Still, the times you need debuffs the most are against single targets. You still get three AoE -res powers, so it's still pretty good at group debuffing and it has some -res cones as well from Sonic.

• 2 weeks later

You can get away with 1-3 slotting most Kin powers.

That being said, accuracy is still great for Transfusion, Transference, Siphon Speed, Siphon Power and Fulcrum Shift. Recharge is also great in these powers. 

You can slot

Heal in Transfusion (3)

End Mods in Speed Boost (3) and Transference (3) 

Resist in Increase Density (1) 

Slows in Siphon Speed (3) - That's to increase the +run speed if you want to be faster than your team with speed boost. 

Edited by Alty
  • Like 1

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club