Some Energy Melee powers are holding the set back.

ZeeHero

Total Focus, Whirling Hands, and Energy Transfer. these 3 problem powers are making many avoid energy melee at least from what my friends tell me (since many of my friends avoid it)

Lets look at them 1 by 1.

1) Total focus... nice damage.. terrible dps becuase the animation is 3 seconds long 3 whole seconds of being locked in place performing a slooooow animation. the damage it does is good for a high tier power, but the long animation takes a lot away from its usefulness. not only is it a liability in things like Battle Maiden, becuase of the animation lock, it detracts from the combat flow becuase you basically sit there doing nothing while you wait for it to finish. now I know some people enjoy slower more tactical combat like COH has, but lets look at some other sets, do they have 3 second animations? not most of them! even Titan weapons has a fast game flow when you build correctly to maintain momentum.

2) Whirling hands- animation too long, damage meh for the time invested in the animation+tiny aoe radius. please buff it to the size of the energy assault (Dom) version at least and consider making it slightly faster.

3) Energy transfer- also a problem of a very slow animation. my veteran friend tells me it used to be much faster and back then many enjoyed and used energy melee. not anymore. its almost as slow as total focus, I only use it at all becuase total focus is worse.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

That poor, poor dead horse. Another thread about tweaking EM. The set is awful, I cringe every time I see someone using it.

Its not that bad my invuln EM tanker is amazing and powerful but she just underperforms a significant amount compared to other sets becuase of the stupidly slow animations, and this should and hopefully will be fixed by the HC team. and then you can stop caring about people using sets you dont like.