Macros Help

Razorcat

I want to create a Macro that activates one of my attack powers, and if that power is in cooldown, activates a second attack power

i tried this: /macro ATT "powexec_name Neutrino Bolt$$powexec_name X-Ray Beam"

but it only activates the X-Ray Beam, and while this power is in cooldown, does not activate the Neutrino Bolt 

10 minutes ago, Razorcat said:

I want to create a Macro that activates one of my attack powers, and if that power is in cooldown, activates a second attack power

i tried this: /macro ATT "powexec_name Neutrino Bolt$$powexec_name X-Ray Beam"

but it only activates the X-Ray Beam, and while this power is in cooldown, does not activate the Neutrino Bolt 

There is a trick using a different slash command - the ToggleOn command.  Even if the powers aren't toggles, it forces them to activate, and if the power is in cooldown, activate the other power...Not really how it was designed to work, but it does solve this problem

/macro ATT "powexec_toggleon Neutrino Bolt$$powexec_toggleon X-Ray Beam"

• Like 2

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

thank you for your assistance

i tried the macro you suggested, and at first it seemed to work like i hoped, activating the X-ray beam first, and the Neutrino bolt right after it on the same target

but, if use the command once, activate the X-ray, and wait some seconds, the Neutrino bolt don't activates and the system warns me that the power (x-ray) is in cooldown, even if the neutrino bolt is ready to be used

42 minutes ago, Razorcat said:

thank you for your assistance

i tried the macro you suggested, and at first it seemed to work like i hoped, activating the X-ray beam first, and the Neutrino bolt right after it on the same target

but, if use the command once, activate the X-ray, and wait some seconds, the Neutrino bolt don't activates and the system warns me that the power (x-ray) is in cooldown, even if the neutrino bolt is ready to be used

Well, let's try switching them, just for giggles

/macro ATT "powexec_toggleon X-Ray Beam$$powexec_toggleon Neutrino Bolt"

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

i tried every possible combination:

/macro A1 "powexec_name X-Ray Beam$$powexec_name Neutrino Bolt"

/macro A2 "powexec_name X-Ray Beam$$powexec_toggleon Neutrino Bolt"

/macro A3 "powexec_toggleon X-Ray Beam$$powexec_name Neutrino Bolt"

/macro A4 "powexec_toggleon X-Ray Beam$$powexec_toggleon Neutrino Bolt"

/macro A5 "powexec_name Neutrino Bolt$$powexec_name X-Ray Beam"

/macro A6 "powexec_name Neutrino Bolt$$powexec_toggleon X-Ray Beam"

/macro A7 "powexec_toggleon Neutrino Bolt$$powexec_name X-Ray Beam"

/macro A8 "powexec_toggleon Neutrino Bolt$$powexec_toggleon X-Ray Beam"

and never worked like i hoped 😞

anyway, thanks for the help :)

Try making it so the first click uses x skill and then the next click puts the second skill into auto mode so it fires it off like that.
If you have it so Hasten is on auto you can simple add in hasten at the end so another click puts hasten back on auto and rotate it that way.. it might not be ideal but I've found it to work nicely.

CoH macros and binds were specifically designed in a way that would prevent you from activating more than one power per button press. 

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Did some testing during the downtime today on Justin, and I can't get the Macro to work either...

...however, a bind did do the job nicely...One of the challenges with Macros is they don't handle some of the slash commands the same as binds...no idea why...

/bind numpad7 "powexec_toggleon X-Ray Beam$$powexec_toggleon Neutrino Bolt"

8 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

bind numpad7 "powexec_toggleon X-Ray Beam$$powexec_toggleon Neutrino Bolt"

Thank you again, i will try it tonight when i will be back home

1 hour ago, DSorrow said:

CoH macros and binds were specifically designed in a way that would prevent you from activating more than one power per button press. 

Yeah, i guessed the same, but actually this is no good for a game like this

A tank  can be played easily: half of his powers are auto or toggles that you need to activate only once, and this leaves you with around 10 powers/key to press in most combat situations.

But characters like controllers are a mess, too many powers to activate one after another as your level grows 😞
I am trying to play a dominator, but often it gets confusing

1 hour ago, HardRider said:

Try making it so the first click uses x skill and then the next click puts the second skill into auto mode so it fires it off like that.
If you have it so Hasten is on auto you can simple add in hasten at the end so another click puts hasten back on auto and rotate it that way.. it might not be ideal but I've found it to work nicely.

Thanks, if the keybind don't work, i will try what you suggested.

Unfortunately my dom can't have hasten, since already have 5 power pools:

- healing (for aid self)

- leadership

- fly

- fighting

- mu mastery

But maybe this is OT here 😛

Anyway i have a lot of powers that i can put on auto instead of the hasten, so your idea is quite smart even if different from what i planned originally

• Like 1