Font size

I read the forums from my phone and my phone browser changes default text to a slightly larger size that my over 40 eyes can more easily read.  This forum overrides the browser and forces the small text that I have a hard time reading without zooming and then scrolling side to side.  Is it possible to allow the user's browser to control text size or alternately soften the margins so they wrap to fit (or both would be awesome)?  

Thank you all for your time and hard work on making an awesome forum where we can explore the game when we aren't in the game!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later

+1.  I hate it when some software thinks it's smarter than me and changes things like font size.  Please leave stuff where I set it.

I'm reading this forum at 120% on PC to make the text readable.  I assume I wouldn't have to do that if the software didn't mess with the default size.  And on mobile sometimes there's no convenient way to change the font size and have the browser remember it.

The font size for the text of this forum is 15.75 px, which is kinda small.  Can you use my default font and not change it?  16 is the normal default, but on my system it's 18.  Please don't assume my eyesight prescription and change it.

Unfortunately, this may be a software limitation issue that isn't easily solved by the Dev/Admins.  At some point very soon IPB will have its own mobile app which may address the the font size issue.  The small screen version of the forum seems to stick to a specific font size. 

Invision Community Apps for iOS & Android
https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/invision-community-apps-for-ios-android-r1161/

Edited by Alty

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

• 1 month later
On 9/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, gameboy1234 said:

+1.  I hate it when some software thinks it's smarter than me and changes things like font size.  Please leave stuff where I set it.

I'm reading this forum at 120% on PC to make the text readable.  I assume I wouldn't have to do that if the software didn't mess with the default size.  And on mobile sometimes there's no convenient way to change the font size and have the browser remember it.

The font size for the text of this forum is 15.75 px, which is kinda small.  Can you use my default font and not change it?  16 is the normal default, but on my system it's 18.  Please don't assume my eyesight prescription and change it.

Every website is different when it comes to theme settings and styles.  The body font type and size are set via the Software CSS theme styles and not your browser settings.

While the standard font options for most browsers for proportional fonts is Times New Roman and size 16px, it is up to the developer of the software to set their own font's and font sizes in the CSS settings. They're not doing it because they think they know better than you or are messing with the default settings, it is because it was designed that way by the forum developers. Like every other web software you use on the internet.

The default used on this forum is 13px for body ( 0.8 rem = 13px) and not as 15px (0.9375rem) as you have stated.

There is good news though, this forum uses a custom theme and it could be possible for the devs on here to create a duplicate of this theme, then modify the font settings to allow for a larger body font of say a size 16px (1rem) which would be a lot easier for people say with your eyesight prescription. 😉

On 9/13/2019 at 7:32 PM, Alty said:

Unfortunately, this may be a software limitation issue that isn't easily solved by the Dev/Admins.  At some point very soon IPB will have its own mobile app which may address the the font size issue.  The small screen version of the forum seems to stick to a specific font size. 

Invision Community Apps for iOS & Android
https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/invision-community-apps-for-ios-android-r1161/

There is going to be a lot of issues with the App which will turn a lot of forum owners off it.

For a start, this app will show forums only, so if you have purchased many of the other plugins and applications to expand your forum, you will be out of luck. I also do not like the fact that you cannot customise the theme to your liking, and the 'Premium' tag is also a concern as to how much is this app going to cost?

Edited by Zaquria