Broadsword - sell me on it or warn me away

Johnny Velocity

38 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Any CoH wiki is essentially outdated.

The one that is closest up to date is paragonwiki as it is being actively worked on. I can't find the thread right now as I am at work, but one of the mods suggested that we use this one over the wikia one

Edited by Seigmoraig

• 2 weeks later

A follow up to the OP.  I’m running the same story arcs on my BS/inv scrapper and my WM/WP brute.  Same level.

in general, I run the brute at +1/x3 vs the scrapper.  Example:  for the Antimatter arc, I ran the scrapper at +2/x3 and the brute at +3/x6.

Some of that is scrapper v. Brute, and some of that is invulnerability v. Willpower,  some of that is lethal v. Smashing, but I think most of it is broadsword v. War mace.  WM has lots more damage and more mitigation.

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

A follow up to the OP.  I’m running the same story arcs on my BS/inv scrapper and my WM/WP brute.  Same level.

in general, I run the brute at +1/x3 vs the scrapper.  Example:  for the Antimatter arc, I ran the scrapper at +2/x3 and the brute at +3/x6.

Some of that is scrapper v. Brute, and some of that is invulnerability v. Willpower,  some of that is lethal v. Smashing, but I think most of it is broadsword v. War mace.  WM has lots more damage and more mitigation.

I'm running a WM/WP Brute right now, too, from a Praetorian start.  I'm enjoying him through 22 levels.  I haven't done much with my BS scrapper, but I did talk a friend into a BS stalker and he likes it.  I won't go stalker with my BS character because I would loose the visuals on my patriotic-themed character.  It is a sub-optimal choice for BS, I have come to realize, but not every character choice has to be optimized.