New character: everything but attacks working

Skyhawke

So, my uncle (who played religiously during live but isn't a "forum person" so I'm asking for him) has been having a strange issue since the update.   At first, he kept getting an error that said "MSVCP149.dll is missing".  I walked him through getting that fixed (took awhile since it was via messenger) and he was finally able to acceas the 32bit and 64bit versions. 

Now, any new character he makes can't use attacks. Every other power works, but hitting keys or clicking the icon with his mouse for attacks results in nada. His older characters work just fine, this is only on any new charcters. I vaguely remember hearing of this before, but have no idea how to fix it. If anyone has a fix, I'd be grateful and you'd really make his day. 

Edited by Skyhawke

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Aren't attacks an optional part of the build?  I mean they are nice to have...but all you really need is love!

Seriously, I have no idea why this would be happening, but hopefully this gives a bump!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

*Update*  The latest patch seemed to fix whatever phantom bug he had so, all is right in the world again. I'm still not sure what caused it, but I'm glad it's fixed. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior