Build up + aim macro?

Bitteroceania

Hey all, just a quick one - is it possible to macro a button that activates build up and aim with a single press?  I could have sworn I saw someone mention it in a binding thread on these forums a few weeks back but I can't find it for the life of me!

Any help greatly appreciated!

I don't think it's possible to execute more than one power with one click.

Instead you could use the same bind setup as most people do with shields:

Create the following txt files in c:\binds\

aim.txt

bind q "powexec_name aim$$bindloadfile c:\binds\buildup.txt"

buildup.txt

bind q "powexec_name build up$$bindloadfile c:\binds\aim.txt"

Then, ingame you type /bindloadfile c:\binds\aim.txt

This will turn Q into a bind that cycles between the two powers. So, that's 2 clicks instead of 1.

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

i can't test this in game right at the moment but, i've been using the bind:

/bind [key] "+ $$powexec_toggleon enervating field$$powexec_toggleon radiation infection"

to turn on both /rad toggles with a single, long, key press.  as long as you hold the key down long enough for radiation infection to actually activate before letting go, it'll activate enervating field also.  in theory using the bind:

/bind [key] "+ $$powexec_name build up$$powexec_name aim"

should also work, but again, you'd have to hold down the key long enough for aim to actually start casting before letting go.  i'll test this in game later today to see if there are any issues.

so, i was able to get in game and test it and MunkiLord was right, it doesn't work, but i know why.  for whatever reason, the bind you would need to use is:

/bind [key] "+ $$powexec_toggleon build up$$powexec_toggleon aim"

yes, i know those powers arn't toggles, but it does work.  you do still need to press and HOLD the key until aim starts to active and then if you let go build up will be queued.  however, this only seems to work if aim is not currently recharging.

anyway, there is that for what it's worth.  hope this helps anyone 🙂

Edited by ghotistix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I did not know you could use toggleon in that way! Fantastic news.

neither did i, and i only thought to try it because of the wording you used to tell me my original idea wouldn't work.  so, yay, everybody wins 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ghotistix said:

so, i was able to get in game and test it and MunkiLord was right, it doesn't work, but i know why.  for whatever reason, the bind you would need to use is:

/bind [key] "+ $$powexec_toggleon build up$$powexec_toggleon aim"

yes, i know those powers arn't toggles, but it does work.  you do still need to press and HOLD the key until aim starts to active and then if you let go build up will be queued.  however, this only seems to work if aim is not currently recharging.

anyway, there is that for what it's worth.  hope this helps anyone 🙂

I copy/pasted this to add Power Boost directly after my Aim or Build up and it's not working for some reason. It skips Aim/BU entirely and goes right to PB whether I press or hold the key. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks. 🙂 

while it would be helpful to see exactly what you entered, there are some things i can tell you now.  first, this method only works with two powers (one at keypress down and one at keypress release) so if you are trying to use all three powers, that's not going to work with this (although, the method mention at the beginning of this post will work with any number of powers, it is, however, a bit more work to setup).  second, for whatever reason, all commands in this game (weather binds or macros) are read right to left.  whatever is listed last will be the first thing the game tries to do.  so, if you want power boost to happen last, it needs to be listed first.

• Thanks 1

In case anyone tries this and runs into issues with Falsey's bind, omit the bind in the front of each line. Just start with q. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work for me and some folks in help chased it down for me. Great bind! 

• 2 weeks later

Try using auto cast to your advantage to get 2 powers with 1 click. I do this to cast double RAwith my Empathy, double flare with peacebringer, etc. 

Yours would look like this

/bind q “powexec_auto aim$$powexec_name build up” 

this should cast cast build up first and then set aim to auto cast second. I’m not sure when one recharged faster, but i would make sure that one is on the far right. In the example above, build up recharged faster so it makes sense that i would only be activating build up and if Aim comes up within the next few seconds it will auto cast. 

But then you want to be able to swap your hasten back to auto so do you something like....

/bind 2 “powexec_auto hasten$$powexec_name flares” granted hasten then switched off of auto cast each time you use flares but I think to get the idea. 

You could also do macros with /powexec_toggleon or /powexec_toggleoff which has no limit, you just click the same button over and over to activate all your shields. 

/bind 5 “powexec_toggleon Fire shield$$powexec_toggleon plasma shield$$powexec_toggleon$$powexec_toggleon flaming aura”

but when you get to macro chains that long you need to use a text file, as mentioned above. Or take out the underscores _ because they are pseudo spaces and are not required. 

You could also bind follow to one of your attacks to close the gap. I like to do this for melee characters but I always have at least heal other or a ranged attack set to follow my target. 

/bind 1 “follow$$powexec_name haymaker”

again, you could add auto casts while you follow to buff you or to follow up with more damage, but you have to mess around with the binds a lot of the time to get them perfect. 

Theres aldo +down that you can do as mentioned above, but this requires you to hold the key down until the first cast is complete. 

Theres es also ways to auto cast pets to summon at your feat, auto select dead bodies, etc. Binds are awesome! I’m trying to get a good bind and macro tutorial made and uploaded under the username SP Jimmy in YouTube so be sure to check that out.