Rate my build: Psi/Dark Stalker

xR_Squaredx

I came up with a vampire concept for a psi/dark stalker. I couldn't find a build anywhere and I have never made one for myself before. I will mostly solo this character so I'm hoping for all around survivibility. Please take a look at the build and leave your thoughts. Thanks.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Primary Power Set: Psionic Melee
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Darkness Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 1: Hide -- Ksm-Def/EndRdx(A), Ksm-Def/Rchg(3), Ksm-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Ksm-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Ksm-ToHit+(5), Krm-ResKB(7)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 4: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 8: Assassin's Psi Blade -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Hct-Dam%(33)
Level 10: Concentration -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 12: Shadow Dweller -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Rct-Def/Rchg(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), Rct-ResDam%(29)
Level 14: Hover -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 16: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Obsidian Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(19), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Ags-ResDam(21), Ags-Psi/Status(23)
Level 20: Boxing -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 22: Dark Regeneration -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(36), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(37), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), TchoftheN-%Dam(37)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 28: Greater Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(36)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 32: Combat Jumping -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(43), Rct-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 35: Mass Levitate -- FrcFdb-Dmg/KB(A), FrcFdb-Acc/KB(40), FrcFdb-Dmg/EndRdx/KB(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 38: Petrifying Gaze -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(40), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Cloak of Fear -- UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear(A), UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx(42), UnsTrr-Stun%(42)
Level 44: Night Fall -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(45)
Level 47: Tenebrous Tentacles -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(48), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(48), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(48), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- EnrMnp-EndMod(A), EnrMnp-EndMod/Rchg(50), EnrMnp-Stun%(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46), EffAdp-EndMod(46)
------------

I realize this is an old thread, but I'll state a few things:

Hover? With stealth in it? Not LotG? That's extremely redundant especially if you already have Hide.

No defenses are softcapped. That's going to crush you as a stalker.

If I were you honestly, I would just get super speed and then use the temporary powers from the P2W vendor if you want flight. I get you're going for a vampire build, but in almost every single vampire show and movie I've seen, they utilize super speed. 

Further, you should at bare minimum get Maneuvers. It's a team asset and helps your defense. Get it.

Why are you fully slotting up obsidian shield to the point of the final bonus? You have maxed Psi resist without it, that's redundant.

There's lots of extra psi resist slotted up that you don't need. 

You'd get a lot more benefit slotting Tentacles with actual damage IOs.

You did not put the stalker's ATO for a chance to re-hide anywhere, nor the build up recharge power............ (extra dots for how much of a grave mistake this is)

Why are you slotting mass levitate only with knockback enhancements? You should place damage enhancements there.

The Kismet's in hide is excessive and you could've gotten a lot more by just using LotG.

You didn't plan out your incarnates.

What is the point of Energy Manipulator in the Soul Transfer power? You don't need the recovery at all. 

Telekinetic blow is just slotted with accuracy? This is the third most damaging power in your arsenal, yet you slotted up Psi Blade?!

Also you did not use Shield Wall (+5% res to everything), Reactive defenses' SCALING DAMAGE (+3% res to everything), Steadfast Protection (+3% defense to everything), and Gladiator's Armor (+3% defense to everything)...

If you aren't aware of any of these or understand why I'm pointing these flaws out, I think you should look more into building and start to learn more about it. This seems to be a build that could really shine but needs more time investment in learning about sets, defense caps, and other things work. I'm not bashing you, I just don't think you understand. 

Edited by 3333053222

I am not going to be as...blunt, as 3 was. I sorta see where you were going with the build, and I don't necessarily agree with some of his munchkin in the face of concept.

First off, flight. Hover is WAY more cool and vampiric-looking. and you will be REALLy fast at hovering... almost as fast as flight, which will let you get ahead of the team and into place to lay the smackdown before the blasters and Tanker arrive to screw up your carefully-laid ambush.
I replaced fly with assault, for a 10% damage buff... every stalker and every TEAM needs more damage, right? Your fierce deadliness and psychic powers inspire your allies to greater efforts in combat.
Hasten is perma without incarnates. WITH your incarnates, you come darned close to double hasten.

You are fast, really really fast. Like... adding aoe's to your regular attack chain fast. I have greatly boosted most of your resists at a small price in psionic and toxic, but psi and toxic are rare damage types that are almost always accompanied with s/l. Your defense has been over doubled, close to cap against all damage types except ranged.... and where a stalker plays, aoe and melee are vastly more common than ranged. The slight loss in resistance will be hugely compensated by how rarely you will get hit.

KB resistance is now average for a melee class (8) and with hover, even if you are knocked, you will recover almost instantly. Between your debuffs and defense/resist, you will definitely be mopping up +4 spawns. Accuracy has been boosted across the board, so you can actually hit incarnate and +4 content.
Not sure what you were doing with TK blow, but it's a big damage attack...it deserves big damage.

Otherwise, I tried not to monkey with your basic powers, levels, or concept. The Agility Paragon will make your hovering even faster, as well as your recharges and end. you will have...lots of options in your attack chain. You seemed to want Nightfall just for the debuff/unlock, so now it will be a SERIOUS debuff.

The reactive core paragon should help you enormously dealing with psi-resistant enemies...as well as normal ones. -res and fire dot seem to fit the master Vampire theme well.

Void is a big evil cloud of darkness. very vampy, and it matches your armor and epic selections. Ageless is...well...ageless. You seemed very concerned about END, and you will never brownout again. also the banished pantheon secondary pet is immune and does nasty to baddies...

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Darkness Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc:50(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(3), Ksm-ToHit+:30(3), Ksm-Def/EndRdx:30(7)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blow -- Acc-I:50(A), Hct-Dmg:50(36)
Level 4: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(7), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(39)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(11), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(13), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(25)
Level 8: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg:50(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(29), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%:50(33)
Level 10: Concentration -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(31)
Level 12: Shadow Dweller -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(15), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(33), BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(50), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(50)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 18: Obsidian Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg:50(19), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), Ags-Psi/Status:50(21), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(23)
Level 20: Boxing -- Dmg-I:50(A)
Level 22: Dark Regeneration -- Prv-Absorb%:50(A), Prv-Heal:50(37), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(37)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27)
Level 28: Greater Psi Blade -- SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up:50(A), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg:50(34), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg:50(34), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(43)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 35: Mass Levitate -- Arm-Dam%:50(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45)
Level 38: Petrifying Gaze -- UnbCns-Dam%:50(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(40), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(40), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg:50(43), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(45)
Level 41: Cloak of Fear -- UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear:30(A), UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx:30(42), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg:30(42)
Level 44: Night Fall -- Ann-ResDeb%:50(A)
Level 47: Tenebrous Tentacles -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), Rgn-Knock%:50(50)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- Dmg-I:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(46), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I:50(A), EndMod-I:50(46)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
------------

I am sure others could improve this, but I wasn't sure how to do so without throwing away your playstyle or concept.

Edited by Frostweaver
  • Like 2

Frostweaver is correct, I really should've worded that more nicely, I didn't mean to personally attack the poster, that really wasn't my intention. I was just trying to point out building flaws and ways to improve the build. If you felt offended, I'm dearly sorry, I did not mean for it to come off that way!

Frostweaver is keeping your theme and his build is decent.

Thanks, Man.... if I had thought of it, I would have tried to actively decrease innate recharge times on some of his overlappping attack chain in order to maximize procs and loosen the chain slightly, but in a lot of cases I didn't really have a choice in the very rare sets because it would have cost global recharge.... which would have done more harm than good.

Sometimes it gets VERY hard to balance all factors in a build. I would REALLY like someone to give it another shot, bearing in mind proc/recharge factors, because I think that maximizing double or even triple buildup could dramatically increase the build's damage output per spawn.

I also like the dark melee debuff in combination withe high defense numbers. From what I can see, this thing should be incredibly durable while losing a minimum of DPS. His original build was fairly balanced between -to-hit, defense, regen (and hit point bonuses) and resistance, which makes for an exceedingly tough toon. I just tried to enhance that balance slightly.

Plus I have always loved the sideways-flying motion of levitate on vampire/psychic toons. It's really spooky and predatory, especially when it smacks against the speed caps. I have control issues with flying myself, but I love it when someone else is willing to make it work.

• 2 weeks later

Welp, since XR Squared isn't going to say a word, apparently, I think I am going to use the build myself. With some improvements, of course. I am cool with the theme, but tweaked the vampire to have a 'renfield', a widow, of course... I have never liked big cone holds for Vampires, too Japanimation-y. I am sorta getting used to the levitate, too. And, of course, moonbeam is always worth the space for a stalker, even with the snipe changes. And, of course, Shadow meld is basically a lot like a free tier 9 that's available every 30 seconds for 15 of those seconds. MOG would be proud.
I don't expect anyone to ever need soul transfer, but it's a decent enough regenerative tissue mule, which brings regen to 13 points/second... Not in the class of /regen or /wp, or even /bio, of course, but still quite respectably vamp-y.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Psi Blade -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc:50(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:30(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(3), Ksm-ToHit+:30(3)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blow -- FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(A), Hct-Dmg:50(36)
Level 4: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(7), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:40(11)
Level 6: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(11), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(13), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(13), ImpArm-ResPsi:40(25)
Level 8: Assassin's Psi Blade -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg:50(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(29), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%:50(33)
Level 10: Concentration -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 12: Shadow Dweller -- Rct-Def:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(15), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(33), BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(50), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(50)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 18: Obsidian Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg:50(19), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), Ags-Psi/Status:50(21), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(23)
Level 20: Boxing -- Dmg-I:50(A)
Level 22: Dark Regeneration -- Prv-Absorb%:50(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(31), Prv-Heal:50(37), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(39)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27)
Level 28: Greater Psi Blade -- SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up:50(A), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg:50(34), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg:50(34), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(43)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 35: Mass Levitate -- Arm-Dam%:50(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Apc-Dam%:50(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(40), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(43), Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(45)
Level 41: Cloak of Fear -- UnsTrr-EndRdx/Fear:30(A), UnsTrr-Acc/EndRdx:30(42), UnsTrr-Acc/Fear/Rchg:30(42)
Level 44: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 47: Summon Widow -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(50)
Level 49: Soul Transfer -- RgnTss-Regen+:30(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(46), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I:50(A), EndMod-I:50(46)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
------------

Edited by Frostweaver

• 4 months later
  • 2 months later