"Fix" Soldier's WAWG

RubberDougie

23 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Uh ... that's pretty much "standard" for Immobilize powers?  There's only a couple of exceptions and those are entirely dependent upon the powerset involved.

QFT. In fact, one of the original ways to mitigate KB (before KB2KD IOs) was to toss out an immobilize first before hitting with a KB attack.  That's still a method used by lots of folks.

• Confused 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

5 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Uh ... that's pretty much "standard" for Immobilize powers?  There's only a couple of exceptions and those are entirely dependent upon the powerset involved.

Wrong, actually.  Ice control / Earth control just give KB RESIST which ALLOWS KD.

WAWG gives KB RESIST AND PROTECTION which DISALLOWS KD

While you’re correct that both Ice and Stone Control don’t give protection to KB anymore, they did. And it was a very recent change that was made specifically because other powers in their sets revolved around KD as a primary control function.

Arachnos Soldiers don’t have that. They have a power with a chance for KB, but that power’s primary function is damage, not control. You could argue that Arachnos Soldiers have a case for the change, but I feel there are other sets with stronger cases that didn’t get the change, so you might be fighting an uphill battle there. 

BTW: "Knockup" = "Knockdown"; they're different names for the same effect.  So both powers in the screenshots prevent (10000% resistance = effect blocked) KB, KD/KU for a period of time (12 and 15 seconds, respectively).  In order to prevent KB but allow KD/KU, the Knockup resistance would have to be removed from those powers.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Confused 1

@Rathstar

Knockup is not knockdown...     Again you are wrong.   A knockdown is simply a knockback that is less than 1.00 magnitude.   A knockdown that has its magnitude increased to 1.00 or beyond becomes a knockback.

Reistance to KU / KB  simply lessens the distance traveled by a knock (which in these cases converts it to some insignificant number that it becomes a knockdown).  Protection means ANYTHING less than that value of protection won't affect the monster at all, thus preventing team tactics with knockdown.

What I was saying was to remove the PROTECTION component.  That what was what was implied in my very first post if it was read carefully.   Just having the RESISTANCE part is fine.

36 minutes ago, RubberDougie said:

Knockup is not knockdown...     Again you are wrong.   A knockdown is simply a knockback that is less than 1.00 magnitude.   A knockdown that has its magnitude increased to 1.00 or beyond becomes a knockback.

Reistance to KU / KB  simply lessens the distance traveled by a knock (which in these cases converts it to some insignificant number that it becomes a knockdown).  Protection means ANYTHING less than that value of protection won't affect the monster at all, thus preventing team tactics with knockdown.

What I was saying was to remove the PROTECTION component.  That what was what was implied in my very first post if it was read carefully.   Just having the RESISTANCE part is fine.

Yes, you're right: I am wrong.  I got confused.  Knockdown is a lower magnitude Knockback, and isn't related to Knockup at all.  Sorry about that.

@Rathstar