No Acc in attacks?

doc_miller

The endurance loss from picking up Tactics from Leadership is worth a slot on its own, so that's overkill.

It's a fine idea for early levels, but I would lose Combat Training (and even Tactical Training: Leadership) on a later respec once you get some accuracy from set bonuses. I recommend picking up the Kismet +Acc IO while leveling as well.

7 hours ago, Auroxis said:

The endurance loss from picking up Tactics from Leadership is worth a slot on its own, so that's overkill.

It's a fine idea for early levels, but I would lose Combat Training (and even Tactical Training: Leadership) on a later respec once you get some accuracy from set bonuses. I recommend picking up the Kismet +Acc IO while leveling as well.

Accuracy from set bonuses and from CT:O is accuracy, TT:L and L:T are both actually +to hit, which is far more valuable, accuracy is multiplicative off of what to hit you have, so you need a lot of it if you don't have any +to hit, as you start off at 39% for +4 content, and 100% (105% on some) accuracy.  You need an  additional +144% accuracy to hit the cap of 95% to hit from that point.  Now if you put in a kismet +6 (says accuracy, but it's actually +to hit) you start at 45% you now only need +112% accuracy, that's a bit much normally from just sets, but with enhancements is really easy to get, and you may be there on many powers just from having to take some accuracy for set bonuses.  

If we add TT:L for another 10% you're at 55%  to hit and only need +73% accuracy, which should be easily achievable just through set bonuses.  Even with just TT:L you're at 49% to start, and that means you need +94% accuracy which is also achievable.  You can of course not use a kismet and just enhance TT:L which will get you close to that +73%, or do both for a bit more over for some more -to hit leeway. 

Speaking of to hit debuffs, CT:O it's only +10% accuracy, about what you get from a TO, which isn't going to make much difference except a little before 22, but it does also have +33% resistance to -to hit debuffs, so it may be valuable for that. 

TT:L is pretty valuable, especially if you put Guassian's proc in it for more damage, and for your team for +to hit. 

Going both TT:L and Leadership: Tactics is way overkill, except perhaps before getting sets when leveling, though I found it too much end to use unless you're with a kin or someone giving you +end.  I did that leveling, and only once found it useful, when some poor lv 26 noobie had started a lv 30 TF and we had to fight through it against +4s, Unfortunately it eventually tossed us against +6s and it was just too much for all the +to hit to overcome.  In retrospect, it might have been better not to have all that +to hit, and failed earlier so we could restart with someone else who was 30+ leading.

Edited by Justisaur

I know full well how accuracy and ToHit work.

Anyway, the OP is talking about getting equivalent chance to hit as they would otherwise get from slotting an accuracy SO/IO. Which TT:L and CT:O slotted with a single ToHit SO each do just fine.

OP didn't ask about being able to have a 95% chance to hit against +4's, and i wouldn't worry about it too much while leveling either since you won't have the defenses to take on +4's anyway at those levels. Unless you're teamed with good supports, in which case there would likely be sufficient tohit buffs/defense debuffs to get you to to 95%. Sure it would be nice to have solo, but slots are valuable early on.