Tequila issues - Will not launch

GritIron

I do not make any claims to know what i am doing.  Every time i go to launch Tequilla, it immediately jumps to Tequilla stopped working error screen....

Frustrating is a lacking word at this point....

Does anyone have any insight as to what the fix to this is?

It may be helpful to elaborate a bit.  Was it working before and stopped?  Has it never worked for you?  Have you excluded it from your anti-virus, if applicable?

I get the following:

Download error: score/geobin_czh.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: score/geobin_czt.pigg

Was unable to download file

Any help would be appreciated.

You may need to just keep trying.  Sometimes it gets hung up if there's a lot of download traffic.

Tequila was working, then it stopped in the last couple days. I uninstalled and deleted everything from the registry, re-installed to a new directory, and now I get the following:

Download error: score/geobin_czv.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: score/geobin_czh.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: score/geobin_czn.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: piggs/texWorldCZ.pigg

I've explored every solution offered in the referenced installation guide, all to no avail. So... thoughts?

Tequila was working, then it stopped in the last couple days. I uninstalled and deleted everything from the registry, re-installed to a new directory, and now I get the following:

Download error: score/geobin_czv.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: score/geobin_czh.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: score/geobin_czn.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: piggs/texWorldCZ.pigg

I've explored every solution offered in the referenced installation guide, all to no avail. So... thoughts?

First thing when you guys have a working game then something happens there is no need really to delete the game files themselves, this should be a last ditch effort.

What happens in these cases is for some reason your firewall or anti virus blocked the game.

OR

The launcher (as in Tequila or Rum) didn't update properly.  Most of the times it will be this problem.

Now since you deleted everything, and I assume you used the torrent to download the game file again? or did you use tequila to download them again?

Also I assume last time you played in the tequila launcher it said SCORE at the top?  This has changed and will now say HOMECOMING instead.  Game still uses score files but they changed the name in the launcher UI.

If you used the torrent you need to keep in mind torrent can't be updated so while the game files will be fine the tequila files will be the old ones.

Which mean you need to go to the game folder and delete tequila.xml.  Make sure you delete the tequila xml and not just the tequilalog.xml.

Then go delete the tequila registry keys, see guide on how to do this.

Now go to my guide and download the tequila.xml that provided as an attachment. This is the updated tequila.xml...put that in your game folder.  This replaces the old tequila.xml you deleted earlier and has new updated code.

Now delete the tequila shortcut on your desktop.

Now start tequila.exe fro your game folder, it should ask you for the install path...choose your game folder and let it download/revalidate.

Game should work now.

Tequila.exe has never worked for me.  It will not launch the installer, it just immediatly jumps to an error screen saying it stopped working and closes immediately.  I have looked and this issue is not covered in the Install document.

Tequila.exe has never worked for me.  It will not launch the installer, it just immediatly jumps to an error screen saying it stopped working and closes immediately.  I have looked and this issue is not covered in the Install document.

Sound like your anti virus is blocking it.  If you look in the OP below the install instructions there are various fixes for all these problems as it could be several things.

Might be helpful if you took a screenshot of the error screen, tell us what OS you have etc etc

• 1 month later
  • 2 months later