Jem and the Holograms Themed Client Mod! (Plus other stuff)

Nic Mercy

Since there doesn't seem to be a specific forum for Client Modifications, I hope its ok to post this here.

This is a client mod I made for my own personal enjoyment back on live around 2011-ish, which I still had saved on an old backup drive. It changes many of the billboards and shop signs in game to reference things I personally like or just thought were fun to add, including a few Jem themed billboards.

The mod also changes the music in the various areas of Pocket D (main dancefloor, hero side, villain side, AE area, tiki lounge, the lobbies that villains and heroes traverse to other zones, and praetoria's studio 55). One of the missions on the lower lvl Kings Row Skulls arc also has its music affected (and its quite fitting for the mission so yay for that).

Any tech objects with lcd stuff is affected and either show pictures of Jem or Synergy on the screen, or have a series of images from the cartoon that are cycled through.

Two paintings are also modified. One is a Jem themed painting, the other is of Castle Brightmoon from the old She-Ra cartoon.

Here's the download link and some images of how this mod visually affects the game:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sv1gvp7pwah0si9/Jem_Mods.rar

evsWvkt.jpg

0mNOwpD.jpg

k6ikV3p.jpg

X0GkUbL.jpg

bRDqjqk.jpg

q5VYQvp.jpg

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

I HIGHLY recommend backing up your Data folder prior to installation if you are already using client mods. This will give you a way to revert back easily.

Extract the files contained in the zip to the Data folder in your COH install directory. If you don't have a Data folder simply create one and place the files within. If at any time you want to uninstall the mod, simply delete the folders you added to the Data folder.

Be sure to visit all of Pocket D's little area's and Studio 55 in Praetoria to hear the audio changes. :)

If you want to keep everything except the monitor changes, just go to your coh install's folder for data>texture_library>WORLD>V-COV>Bases>Details and delete everything in the Details folder. You'll keep the billboard changes that way.

If you want to revert the audio changes to the default simply delete everything in the Sound folder (found in the data folder).

If you have problems or questions feel free to ask me in game or via the forums, BUT I would like to add a disclaimer though: I made this mod YEARS ago and have forgotten most of what I learned to actually make it. I can't really help much in making mods of your own.

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

okay not sure what I'm doing wrong, but this doesn't seem to be working for me...

C:\Users\Public\Games\Paragon Chat\Homecoming is as far as I know where the relevant City of Heroes folder would be, yes?

Whatever folder your client is installed to and where the homecoming.exe is located should be where you would need to place my mod. If the above location you provided is the correct location, then you would simply have to copy my files into the data folder there. If there is no data folder then you can create one and place my files there. If you've ever saved costumes you'll know you're in the right place if you see a costumes folder with all your saved costumes inside.

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

okay not sure what I'm doing wrong, but this doesn't seem to be working for me...

C:\Users\Public\Games\Paragon Chat\Homecoming is as far as I know where the relevant City of Heroes folder would be, yes?

Whatever folder your client is installed to and where the homecoming.exe is located should be where you would need to place my mod. If the above location you provided is the correct location, then you would simply have to copy my files into the data folder there. If there is no data folder then you can create one and place my files there. If you've ever saved costumes you'll know you're in the right place if you see a costumes folder with all your saved costumes inside.

Oh the same folder the costumes folder is in? Okay that helps, yeah. Thanks! 

EDIT: I'm still not seeing it, music in Pocket D is normal.

EDIT 2: Got it! I was leaving them in Data/Jem Mods and it apparently won't go beyond to folders it doesn't recognize haha.

Oh the same folder the costumes folder is in? Okay that helps, yeah. Thanks! 

EDIT: I'm still not seeing it, music in Pocket D is normal.

EDIT 2: Got it! I was leaving them in Data/Jem Mods and it apparently won't go beyond to folders it doesn't recognize haha.

Glad you got it working! Have fun with it!

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem