Fullscreen borderless isn't fullscreen

ryokoryu

7 hours ago, ryokoryu said:

Just what it says, the window occupies the top left 2/3 of my screen, my native res is 1920 x 1080 

You probably have the game set to 720p, instead of 1080p.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

42 minutes ago, ryokoryu said:

whatchu talkin bout willis

Borderless Fullscreen will do exactly as you describe, if the game is set to a resolution other than the monitor's native resolution.

I had this happen to me the other day, actually, when I started up Fallout 4 with Borderless turned on, rather than just outright Full Screen.  Game was running in 640, monitor is 1080, I got the top left 1/4 of the screen being the game, the rest my desktop.

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

3 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

Borderless Fullscreen will do exactly as you describe, if the game is set to a resolution other than the monitor's native resolution.

I had this happen to me the other day, actually, when I started up Fallout 4 with Borderless turned on, rather than just outright Full Screen.  Game was running in 640, monitor is 1080, I got the top left 1/4 of the screen being the game, the rest my desktop.

My in game resolution is set to 1920 x 1080, going to borderless window makes it take up only 2/3 of the screen.

Check your Windows Screen Magnification.
You may be running at a higher resolution with screen magnification turned on.

Also, go into your City of Heroes folder, right-click on cityofheroes.exe
On the Compatibility screen, click "Change high DPI settings"
Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior.  Scaling performed by "Application".
See if that fixes it.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!