Environment disappears in windowed mode with widescreen

BrightGreenLine

I play CoH in Windowed mode so I can switch back and forth to the desktop easily, and I've hit a strange graphical bug. If the screen aspect ratio is too wide, the world geometry simply vanishes. I can see other characters and scenery props, but most of the world simply goes blank.

I can reproduce this issue easily by simply shrinking the vertical axis of my window; if I go to an aspect ratio much wider than my monitor, the game graphics blink out. It appears to be related to Field of View, which you can see in one of my album images: If I set the FoV super low and go to a wide ratio, I can get some world graphics to appear.

Images of the issue in action:

https://imgur.com/a/9jNczR9

Hi all, I'm hitting the same exact issue.  It is related to Field of View.  Enabling it (automatic, default setting) does not give me enough depth so if I disable it and set the FoV I get the same environment graphics issues as the BrightGreenLine.  Help!

I'm old enough to know better, but sometimes I still do it anyway.

• 1 month later

I haven't run into this.  Then again, I'm not REALLY playing wide-aspect ratio.  And only play Windowed because of my goofy setup and how Windows 10 doesn't differentiate between game resolution and desktop resolution.

So I get other issues.  Like finding out how wide the letterboxing is in cut scenes.

Resolution: 6480x3840.

FakedLetterboxing-A.thumb.jpg.ef14b1ab0f46e184c5a35ab032aa0fdb.jpg

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

It definitely seems to be tied to the aspect ratio. I don't think the developers ever planned on people using triple widescreen monitors :)

I downloaded the source code and have been digging through to see if I can manually override the FOV, but haven't found anything.

I dont think they planned on 4k.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I dont think they planned on 4k.

4k should be fine as it's 16:9

can anyone confirm?

My setup's just ever so slightly taller than 16x9

16x9 for 6480 is 3645.

For the picture above?  You're probably having it conk at roughly 3240.

4K is 3840x2160.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 2 weeks later