Keymapping question.

HyperAi

When I played years ago I had my keyboard mapped in a very odd fashion but it was comfortable for me. Problem is I can't for the life of me figure out my old style. Things just don't feel "right".

Well it just so happens I still have my old computer with all of the original ncsoft files intact collecting dust. Is there any way I can go into the program files and copy past a file that will rewrite my control setting in game? Im not very knowledgeable on game files so any type of help on this subject would me much appreciated.

Here is how I set mine up...

Save keybinds- left alt

Load keybinds- left alt+L

/bind_save_file <filename>

I have all of my keybinds and macros saved on Notepad++ (you can always use Windows Notepad or Wordpad) It's really easy to copy/paste them into the chat bar, too.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

• 2 weeks later

Here is how I set mine up...

Save keybinds- left alt

Load keybinds- left alt+L

/bind_save_file <filename>

I have all of my keybinds and macros saved on Notepad++ (you can always use Windows Notepad or Wordpad) It's really easy to copy/paste them into the chat bar, too.

Can you give me the EXACT TEXT of the "Save keybinds- left alt" and "Load keybinds- left alt+L" keybinds. I'm not a 'computers guy' and it's been 6+ years since I last fiddled with all of this. You'd be my favorite person for quite a while. :D

• 2 weeks later

Sorry this took so long, but must have gotten buried.

I went to the Menu>Options pull-down in the game to set the 'save and load' keybinds. I named my <filename> Faves. You can enter whatever keys you want for saving and loading....

hope that helps!

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

It does, but I was able to piece it together with the help of an IRL friend. For those of you still trying to get a handle on this, if you are using windows10 here is what the bind would look like:

/bind lctrl+g bind_load_file "C:/users/administrator/documents/yourcdharacternamehere.txt"

You can bind this to any key you like (I used lctrl+g for my test) and you can use the standard keybinds list (found in the 'Documents') to make a copy and edit it to your likeing. Then slap a character name on it and save it in that same Documents file. BOOM! You can do this with each character so that they can have their own specialty binds. YAY!

-c