How does the Code of Conduct affect PvP?

EmperorSteele

So, in the code of conduct, it says this:

Do not abuse or harass others

1. This includes players, Homecoming staff, and players or staff from other communities
  2. If someone wants you to leave them alone, you must leave them alone

So, if I'm getting wrecked in a PvP zone when I'm just trying to get badges, and I ask the other player(s) to stop, and they do not, does that count against this policy? I mean, I wouldn't think so, as the PvP zones are for, well, PvP. But, I just figured I'd ask!

Also, while I'm sure everyone has an opinion on this topic, I'd really rather hear the words from a GM, thanks 😃

Edited by EmperorSteele
Spelling

You're not getting responses because the answer is clear: Entering a PVP zone implies consent to be engaged by others. If you don't want to PVP, then you can't have the badges related to that. Also.. it's not like PVP isn't dead in Everlasting, so use your free transfer tokens.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 5:46 PM, EmperorSteele said:

Also, while I'm sure everyone has an opinion on this topic, I'd really rather hear the words from a GM, thanks 😃

If you're not interested in community help, using the forum PM system to reach a GM on this page would probably get you what you want.

Edited by Tahquitz

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

Well, my thinking was two-fold: First, I didn't think a discussion between Badgers and PvPers on the issue would have turned into anything productive. More importantly, a GM answering the question on the forum would have clarified the policy for everyone, instead of someone saying "I heard from a guy who said he PM'd a GM...". It would be part of their publicly-stated policy, instead of people relying on heresy.

• Like 2

• Retired Game Master

All PVP in this game is opt-in, so if you're in a PVP zone, you've implicitly declared that you want to participate in PVP.  This is true even if you're only there for the purposes of, say, getting badges or sightseeing.

However, this only extends to the gameplay of PVP itself.  For example, if you're in a PVP zone and another person in the zone is sending you harassing or abusive messages, then they are required to stop when you've made it clear that you don't want to receive them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2019 at 5:58 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

So you can kill other players in PvP zones, as long as you do it politely.

As it should be. PVP mechanics after i13 are full of deterministic processes; stuff that simply cannot be countered like in the pve system. Killing someone in a PVP zone is as much of a point of pride as writing your name. Even more so with incarnates (I'd be so happy if everything but alpha was turned off in zone).

And this is coming from a PVPer who spends A LOT of time in zone..