Slotting Decoys. Help

Dahkness

6 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

For what it is worth, my go to is 4 expedient reinforcement and 2 Soulbound Allegiance (dam/recharge and chance for Build Up). 

If you mean early on before IO's, 1 accuracy, 2 damage, 3 recharge.

I thought PAs are unbuffable? Does Soulbound work on them?

11 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

For what it is worth, my go to is 4 expedient reinforcement and 2 Soulbound Allegiance (dam/recharge and chance for Build Up). 

If you mean early on before IO's, 1 accuracy, 2 damage, 3 recharge.

That's my slotting also, although I put in Expedient Reinforcement (attuned) ASAP for the Recharge bonuses.

14 hours ago, Carnifax said:

I thought PAs are unbuffable? Does Soulbound work on them?

Haven't had a chance to test this one personally (basically just haven't spent the time to pay close enough attention and I haven't played my 50 illusion controller recently), but I know other people have in the past and it definitely used to, so unless things have changed it does.  It was even written up in Local Man's old illusion/radiation guide. 

Not long ago, I did test it in voltaic sentinel from electric blast which is also an "unbuffable" pet and it worked there (although underwhelming given its attack is on a 2.5 sec recharge and does low damage).  It'd be consistent that it works in PA still as well.  I think the trick is that the pet is buffing itself, and it isn't an external buff.

Edited by Riverdusk

11 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

It'd be consistent that it works in PA still as well.  I think the trick is that the pet is buffing itself, and it isn't an external buff

Interesting. I actually have two purples sitting in Carnis inventory (thank you Market Crash) so I'll see if I can convert the Soulbound Dam into a chance for buildup and try it out. 

* Edit : Tested and verified. Procs a fair bit and adds a decent chunk of damage to the attack of the Decoy affected (215 normally, ~310ish once the proc fires off). 

Edited by Carnifax
Tested
  • Like 2