Advice sought for Ninja/Traps

biostem

So for a bit of an RP reason, I've been playing a Ninja/Traps MM.  She's about level 30 ATM, and I'm mostly slotted with regular level 30 IOs and the +def and +res pet-specific ones.  Besides the primary and secondary powers, I've taken aid other, aid self, mystic flight, assault and tactics.  I'm not looking for a specific build per se, but general advice or tips.

Some enhancement slotting of note:

Call Genin: 3 acc, 3 dmg

Cann Jounin: 2 acc, 3 dmg, 1 +def unique

Oni: 2 acc, 3 dmg. 1 +res unique

Force Field Generator: 3 def

Tactics: 3 tohit buff, 1 end redux

Thank you kindly!

Image for reference:  😃

788883806_hitnrunninjassaluting.jpg.f08ec7ef81c9bf6a23e7384e9828e38a.jpg

Edited by biostem

I’m not familiar with traps, do any of the traps powers take pet IOs? I believe there are two def and two res IOs for pets; the others might be under recharge intensive pets, which MMS can also equip.  If traps can take those, i’d slot them all in there. Otherwise one can go in your T1 pet as you don’t need 3 acc. Realistically, with tactics going, you can get away with just one, especially if traps has some -def built into it. 

9 minutes ago, Shoulung said:

I’m not familiar with traps, do any of the traps powers take pet IOs? I believe there are two def and two res IOs for pets; the others might be under recharge intensive pets, which MMS can also equip.  If traps can take those, i’d slot them all in there. Otherwise one can go in your T1 pet as you don’t need 3 acc. Realistically, with tactics going, you can get away with just one, especially if traps has some -def built into it. 

I'm sorry, I'm not terribly familiar with all the different IO sets.  I already have the unique +def and +res IOs in Jounin and Oni, if that's what you mean.  The acid mortar applies regen and defense debuffs, IIRC.  Even with tactics and 3 tohit buff IOs in it, my genin and jounin will have difficulty hitting enemies that are +3 or +4 to me, sinc they'll be +4 or +5 to them, hence the extra acc.  I suppose I could slot more def debuffs in acid mortar, though... Thanks!

Edited by biostem

58 minutes ago, Shoulung said:

I think there are 4 total unique def/res IOS that MMs can use. If you go into the /ah and look through the sets under recharge intensive pets, you should find them.

Sorry for my ignorance - are you saying that there are 2 +def and 2 +res IOs that I can slot for my MM pets, in total?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Shoulung said:

That’s correct .

So I checked the auction house, and the only 2 other +def/+res IOs I could find were for "recharge intensive pets", which explicitly say they cannot be slotted into MM pets...  I'm using the 'Sovereign Right" and "Edict of Master" uniques ATM.   Am I missing something?

EDIT:  I did a little more digging, and I found there are archetype-origin enh's that each provide the aforementioned auras...

Edited by biostem

There are 6 total aura iOS that a MM can slot into their pets.  The ones marked Superior have a non-superior version also.  But you can only use non or superior. Superior version is level 50

• Edict of the Master - Defense Bonus
  • Sovereign Right - Resistance Bonus
  • (Superior) Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura
  • (Superior) Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen
  • Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets
  • Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Thanks 2