Nature: Possible Bastion Absorb Cap

SmalltalkJava

I've been testing Nature on Masterminds.   You Defenders may already know this but I think that Wild Bastion's HP absorb amount is capped at the MM's base HP.  I assume it is the capped for Defenders also to their base HP. 

From my MM post:

I think there might be some kind of Absorb Cap.  I did some testing with Resilient Radial Paragon to see what it does to boost the Bastion Absorb.

• With all buffs I had 1183.68 HP. 
    • Resilient Radial Paragon + Non-Powerboosted Bastion Absorb shows 654.4 both in the floating number and HP bar.
    • Resilient Radial Paragon + Power-Boosted Bastion Absorb shows 848 HP floating when cast,  but 803.2 on the HP bar!  Where's ma HP!!!!  Lucy you got some splain'n to do!  I assume it is capped at the MM's base HP amount.  is MM base HP 803.2?
      • Screenshot of all the HP buffs. Unfortunately Absorb amount isn't displayed anywhere but the HP bar when you scroll over. But it might help some math wizards figure out the missing HP absorb.
      • image.png.bddbb6ce1b84e5846a28c68a79335860.png

Edited by SmalltalkJava

• 2 weeks later

Cool that we go this mechanic, but I wish the game more transparently displayed Absorb numbers.      Since it feel like Absorb was somewhat quickly "grafted on" to the game.      Maybe what's going on is the numerical value is correct, but that game is using existing HP bar, and has no new way to display Absorb.   So it can only visually display Absorb of equal to your HP....regardless  of how much you have.   

Seems like it would be tricky to test since I so far have not found Absorb listed in combat logs...

So wait that means that the pets "absorption received" would be capped at their own base HP as well? 

Edited by Erydanus

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

On 10/21/2019 at 11:15 AM, Erydanus said:

So wait that means that the pets "absorption received" would be capped at their own base HP as well? 

Yes unfortunately, it does seem that pets have their absorb capped at their base HP.