Ice/Storm vs Storm/Ice

Duck-Smokes-Quack

While Storm is better on a def, Ice is definitely better on a corr due to scourge and the rain powers.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

OK, essentially this question boils down to doing more dmg or having more defense and resists. However, due to Ice being so procable (its a word now, I made it one right now) this becomes much simpler. Roll a defender get softcaped def and s/l res and proc the hell out of it. Make sure you don't take the spiritual or agility alpha as this will hurt your proc rate as will recharge. This should allow you to do more dmg than a corruptor most of the time (very little if anything beats a scourging corruptor but we rarely have the opportunity to scourge when it matters). Normally I would root for the corruptor with careful slotting, but in this case I do think that defender will be better with high investment. 

12 hours ago, Duck-Smokes-Quack said:

Thanks for the input and particularly Darkir with that detailed response.

I'll give a Defender a go! Never ever played one before

Just a to address one other thing, take dark mastery for dark embrace and soul drain (dark consumption doesnt hurt either). Soul drain is very very good though try to get it close to perma.

• 2 weeks later

I have a ice/storm corr all IO'd out with perma-hasten, all T3 incarnates (alpha has the lone T4) and I feel like I do more as a Corr. I felt under-powered as a defender.

I love the Ice Blast. I have ice bolt, blast, bitter ice blast, and freeze ray on 4 blast rotation. I skipped the breath and bitter freeze ray because of slow activation times.

Everything I do revolves around rains and pets. I open with my build ups, then freezing rain, ice storm, and blizzard all on the same spot. I throw a thunderstorm over head and unleash a tornado. I have enough recharge to often have about 3 thunderstorms / tornadoes up at any one time. I put the KD proc in tornado because it is shit without it. As for thunderstorm, I left out the proc because I use it as an area denial power. It will pop off someone close to me and keep them from me.

I skipped hurricane because I found it too situational, plus it honestly gave me more aggro than I wanted. I cast everything away from the fight and my play-style is to hover very far away from the fight and just drop chaos all over. When the rains come back up I drop them again and once everything is exhausted I pick off leftovers with my 4 blast rotation.

I stay very busy and I can drop storms and tornadoes where ever i want and let them do their thing. Triple stacked rains are fun. For every group I can by myself pick off all but bosses and above by the time I am done clicking. While I can't match any other AT on damage or resilience or heals or control, the one thing I bring that outshines every other possible combination is pure chaos. You know that annoying power in pokemon where the opponent makes the battle ground hot/cold/rainy or whatever to match their strength? I do that. I make the field mine and I contour it to my desires. I also pop off a great heal when I can and pick up the power mastery for a shield, a build up, and a end discount. 

for incarnates I like ice and electric judgement. for alpha I go damage. You can't go wrong with whatever incarnate you pick for each one.

• Like 1

lastly for slotting tips, I 6 slot my heal for the recharge and proc, I get a LotG in everything I can, I 6 slot my fave powers and I run mist+tough+weave+CJ+invul+hover and all the set bonuses for a good all around build. I use all the good procs for defense and things like that. I 5 slot blasts with decimation and I split the Corr ATO set with 3 in storm and 3 in blizzard. purple the ATO split for 20% global recharge easy. The other ATO set goes in something else I forgot. I have NO other purple sets beside ATO because I can perma hasten without them. If I am ever with 1 or more Kinetics players I honestly can't keep up with my own recharge. I will run out of endurance before I ever run out of things to cast and usually I can go for a while. good slotting is key. having up conserve power a bunch helps. using ageless makes me the damn energizer bunny.

I highly recommend ice/storm over storm/ice. The best medicine is fire superiority unless you an empath.

• Like 1