Ranged Bane?

I have never really heard anyone talking about a ranged bane build. Any idea how they play? I have heard the damage is less but that may not be a terrible thing as long as they can still pull their weight.

I ask because i really like the bane but i just cant get into melee and huntsmen wasn't doing it for me. (Although i did really enjoy the aoe chain on the huntsmen, that was pretty fun.)

2 hours ago, lokiie1984 said:

I have never really heard anyone talking about a ranged bane build. Any idea how they play? I have heard the damage is less but that may not be a terrible thing as long as they can still pull their weight.

It wouldn't be the worst setup in the game.  You'd basically be a nuke-less "Mace Blast" Sentinel with support auras, trading out Opportunity inherent for Surveillance to achieve a similar effect, which isnt the worst.  However sticking only to the mace attacks means no Venom Grenade, which is in my opinion the single best spammable AoE attack in the game.  

The mace attacks are not the best DPA, but they're not the worst and with Scorpion PPP, you can have 3 single target attacks, 3 AoE attacks, an AoE immobilize and a single target hold, all launching from the mace.  It would totally be usable, just that there are better options that do the same things more efficiently.  

• 2 weeks later

Take the mace ranged attacks, venom grenade, and then take one big melee attack to make use of the hide crit at least once. You can hop in, crit, and then hop out for more blasting. I'd probably suggest focusing on team support after that, medicine or additional Leadership toggles, so you're bringing more to the table than just a few mace beams.