The beginnings of an Ice/Ice...

Generator

Hey,

So the below is what I've begun working up on my Ice Scrapper, who is up to a whopping 24.  🙂  I haven't yet gotten to the point of figuring out Sets and stuff, this is just IOs and such as I'm leveling.

My initial plan had kind of been to just use FF/IS/FT/Frost/Freezing Aura, and probably pick up Icicles once it opens up at 35.  Or does anyone think I should bother slotting Boxing?

Any feedback you've got to give, I'd be happy to hear.

Thanks,

Generator

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.4
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Freezing Moe: Level 49 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Ice Melee
Secondary Power Set: Ice Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Frozen Fists -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(3), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(17)
Level 1: Frozen Armor -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(3), DefBuff-I(11), DefBuff-I(13)
Level 2: Ice Sword -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(5), RechRdx-I(5), Dmg-I(11), Dmg-I(15)
Level 4: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 6: Frost -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(7), RechRdx-I(7), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(15)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- Jump-I(A)
Level 10: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Hoarfrost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19), Heal-I(23)
Level 16: Glacial Armor -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(17), DefBuff-I(19), DefBuff-I(23)
Level 18: Chilling Embrace -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Energy Absorption -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21), DefBuff-I(21)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: [Empty]
Level 28: [Empty]
Level 30: [Empty]
Level 32: [Empty]
Level 35: [Empty]
Level 38: [Empty]
Level 41: [Empty]
Level 44: [Empty]
Level 47: [Empty]
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(13)
------------

Edited by Generator

4 minutes ago, Generator said:

Hmm, that's an intriguing thought, TBH.  The big plus Tanker gets there is thematically-supported choice for APPs (that matters to me 🙂). I'll pore it over, thanks for the link.

If you do wind up rerolling, please be advised that I wrote up that build post before I even started playing ... so if I were to rewrite it now (especially with the Proc Fu I've learned since then!) it would wind up getting built somewhat differently.  So think of that build as being an early stepping stone pointing in a direction towards a later build than a build that is "perfected" in any sense of the word.  Needless to say, my thinking (and understanding) of the game has ... evolved ... since then, so there are a number of changes I'd make now that I know Proc Fu.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

9 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Needless to say, my thinking (and understanding) of the game has ... evolved ... since then, so there are a number of changes I'd make now that I know Proc Fu.

That's certainly fair, and I'll keep it in mind.  I'll be very frank here, I know conventional wisdom on procs has changed a lot, and I haven't kept up with it, but I'm okay with that (I mean, it's not like the things that used to work no longer work).  Bottom line, if you seem me throw something up for feedback that takes out a lot of the proc-fu, that's on me, not you.  🙂

Thanks again.

I have an ice/WP scrapper, currently level 44. It is amazing for solo play. The -Recharge and -Speed debuffs, along with Frozen Aura and Ice Patch, help with surviving difficult encounters.  It's not ideal for a team with brutes, since the debuffs interfere with the Fury mechanic (or so I understand). On a team without brutes, an ice melee scrapper is effectively damage plus support.

You want Greater Ice Sword as soon as you can get it. It's your most important single-target damage dealer. Freezing Touch is great for fighting lieutenants, but for bosses and above, the debuffs are more useful than the hold.

I would take Boxing on the way to getting Tough and Weave, but I wouldn't slot it.