Most commonly used item option.

Sakai

An easy way to find things is to use the black box when you are in select item mode.  It's a search feature. 

For instance, if you enter "glass", all the items that have "glass" in the name will show.

You can kind of see what you recently put into a room with the "current room" mode.  I think new items are tagged onto the end of the bar/list.

That's probably as close as you're gonna get at this time.

It is super handy because you can search on one or a couple words and all exact matches will come up: like "stairs" or "metal stairs". I was working on hand lighting my base and I just typed "shoji" in and that was so helpful; I was using the various shoji lanterns and it essentially created a palette of all them for me to use. Say you're doing teleports, just type "beacon" to filter all the beacons out from that category.

Now, if we could just direct clone an object that would be the greatest. Also, now that I think about it, I really need to start playing the Sims Buy & Build music while base editing.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!