Soul noir alt animations swaps

Itikar

So, I had been using soul noir theme on my dark/dark corruptor, and I noticed that after acquiring moonbeam, for which I had selected the soul noir alt animation, during the fights it messed up the animations of my other attacks.

Specifically I had the standard soul noir animations for dark blast and gloom, however, often after starting the fight with moonbeam (soul noir alt animation) the subsequent attacks with gloom and dark blast used as well the soul noir alt animations.

The only way to have them display the standard soul noir animations that I found was to set moonbeam too to the standard soul noir animation.

Also, the messing up of the other animations did not happen 100% of the time, although it happened most of the time, most often when I started the fight with moonbeam.

• 1 year later

I'm having the same problem. Dark Blast/Dark Miasma Corruptor. My Dark Blast Power is customized to use the Soul Noir animation. My Gloom and Moonbeam are both customized to use Soul Noir Alt. I often notice that my Dark Blast animation has switched to Soul Noir Alt.

I don't know when it started doing it, so I can't confirm or dispute that it's linked to Moonbeam. After reading Itikar's post, I did try a few tests starting fights with Moonbeam or my other Dark Blast powers, and I couldn't discern a pattern: I'd often start a fight with a Moonbeam snipe, and my Dark Blast animation would be Soul Noir for most of the fight but then switch to Soul Noir Alt partway through. Other times, I'd start with Dark Blast or Gloom, and Dark Blast would be Soul Noir Alt right from the start. And still other times, Dark Blast switches to Soul Noir Alt for a while and then changes back to Soul Noir.

I don't think my Gloom animation changes; I think it always stays Soul Noir Alt, but I haven't been paying close enough attention to be 100% sure.

It's definitely an irregular bug: sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it changes back. So that should be fun to track down 🙂

Edited by jonsp1170

• 3 weeks later

Reporting the same issue with Energy Blast/ on my Blaster.  As described in the previous posts it appears to be triggered by using Sniper Blast.  This is the only power in the set I have set to the alternate animation.  After using it my other abilities use the alt animations for the next few attacks.  Or don't - it doesn't happen every time.   Seems to only happen after a fast snipe, but I couldn't swear to that.

Edit: After doing some testing it definitely appears that the animation swaps only happen after a fast snipe.  Not every time, but nothing else triggers it, including slow snipes.

Edited by Legree

I think this is consistent with a number of alternate Sniper animations.  Electrical Blast also screws up animations periodically after using the alt-snipe animation.  Notably it causes powers to use animations they shouldn't have access to, such as the "one handed hand up shot" with Lightning Bolt (a second electrical bolt appears out of the hand down to the side when this occurs).

Likely an issue with Snipes in general, as I've also seen this behavior on an Energy Assault Dom after using Sniper Blast where Power Bolt and Power Blast, as well as some of my Earth Control powers, would play incorrect animations.

The Soul Noir bits are probably related, but likely their own can of worms too.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.