StJ/Energy or /Rad for all-around brute stuff?

Zemius

3 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

What are you trying to get out of the secondary and what is the concept?

Both fit my aesthetic theme, but performance wise I want something sturdy with not many holes to patch up. I don't see many /Energy brutes so that has me worried a bit, but a do see a lot of /Rad guys running around. 

What is the theme?

Radiation is a very good, potentially too good powerset with not downsides. If having pulses of energy orbit you like in a diagram (inaccurate) of an atom doesn't bother you, it should work wonderfully.

I have not played Energy Aura since live, but I had no complaints. Certainly it is less flashy than Radiation.

15 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

What is the theme?

Radiation is a very good, potentially too good powerset with not downsides. If having pulses of energy orbit you like in a diagram (inaccurate) of an atom doesn't bother you, it should work wonderfully.

I have not played Energy Aura since live, but I had no complaints. Certainly it is less flashy than Radiation.

A glowy-punchy mutated Russian who uses his fists to forcefully convert people to communism. 😜

1 minute ago, Zemius said:

A glowy-punchy mutated Russian who uses his fists to forcefully convert people to communism. 😜

Oddly enough, the modern communist is either a latte-sipping, middle class, diminutive caucasian female or a diminutive, unemployed bespectacled male. Oh, how the times have changed. 

That being said, my Tech oriented relic of the Cold War is a Giant Cybernetic, Titan-Weapon wielding Electric Armor Brute. Ivan always seemed fond of the "bigger is better" approach to their hardware.   

• Like 1

Pretty sure radiation is a resistance based armor versus energy which is defense based. I tend to favor resistance on brutes and tankers as they can best take advantage of it and they don’t have to worry about catastrophic defense failure while they’re the center of attention. Also, if you’re worried about fast attacks, rad also has a recharge toggle which increases with the number of enemies around, which can only help.

15 hours ago, Shoulung said:

Pretty sure radiation is a resistance based armor versus energy which is defense based. I tend to favor resistance on brutes and tankers as they can best take advantage of it and they don’t have to worry about catastrophic defense failure while they’re the center of attention. Also, if you’re worried about fast attacks, rad also has a recharge toggle which increases with the number of enemies around, which can only help.

Energy has Entropic Aura that also increases +Recharge and is dependent on the # of mobs surrounding you as well.