Make TO, DO, and SO enhancement drops be +3 levels

DougGraves

I want to use enhancements at low levels.  Doing missions at level 8 with no enhancements is much slower than doing them with enhancements.  But the enhancement drops are at level, which makes them half way to being useless.  If enhancement drops were at +3 levels you could slot them and use them for 3+ levels.  As it is, they are just vendor trash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

I want to use enhancements at low levels.  Doing missions at level 8 with no enhancements is much slower than doing them with enhancements.  But the enhancement drops are at level, which makes them half way to being useless.  If enhancement drops were at +3 levels you could slot them and use them for 3+ levels.  As it is, they are just vendor trash.

I would say make them drop at +2 levels, so they can still be combined with your existing enhancements.  Otherwise, yes - TOs, DOs, and SOs need some love, what with IOs being better in many aspects...

Hell, even as "vendor trash," as you put it . . . TOs and DOs . . . even SOs . . . they're just not really worth it.  The value of Inf is just absolutely screwed due to the player-market at this point.  Selling the Medium and Large Inspirations from Inner Inspiration has netted me multiple millions of Inf at this point, and my highest level characters are only 23.  Then you look at those people who farm up to 50 and beyond, and they're rolling in the kind of Inf which makes twinking a low level character with TOs, DOs, or SOs entirely trivial.  Sadly, the ship has long since sailed for keeping the market balanced, and without doing a complete overhaul of Inf value for the entire game (which would be far too controversial with the playerbase), I can not think of anything that would set things "right" again for store-bought Enhancements.

Honestly, I think the best bet at this point is to make some (un)crafting recipes which convert TOs, DOs, and SOs in to Salvage at the cost of some Inf.  While you're at it, let's have the option to recycle IOs for a random portion of the Salvage that went in to crafting them (again, with an Inf cost).  You could also make these Recycle Recipes unlockables based on completing content or earning Badges (since making them unlockable based on character level is pretty meaningless due to farming anyway).  

Thusly you hit a few birds with minimal stones:  

- Give a functional purpose to TOs, DOs, and SOs beyond just selling them to vendors.

- Give a function to all those IOs that get crafted for Badges, and then otherwise just get deleted since they have no use (looking at YOU, Interrupt Time Inventions!).

- Give a reason to pursue content outside of grinding to 50 in AE, or Council Radio Missions, or whatever flavour-of-the-month farm there is.

- Adds another Inf sink, which these current Devs seem to feel is necessary for long-term market health.

1 hour ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Give a functional purpose to TOs, DOs, and SOs beyond just selling them to vendors.

One possible solution is to give the regular enhancements a "floor value", which is to say, after becoming -3 to you, they still have some bonus, instead of becoming totally useless, (like 50%-75% of their even-con value).  Additionally, what if, when you would be rewarded with an enhancement, you basically can pick which specific one you want, instead of getting a random drop...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

Just a little advice; Small Inspirations aren't worth selling presently, at all.  Medium Inspirations are not worth a lot, but Purples tend to sell for the most, ranging from 2000 to 10,000, so I combine other Mediums in to Purples.  Large Inspirations can sell for around 7,000 for Yellows and Oranges, 10,000 to 50,000 for Reds, Purples, Blues, and Greens.  It's inconsistent, and they were worth more months ago (people were paying 100,000 to 500,000 for Large Inspirations back then), but I still find Inspirations infinitely more useful to dump on the player market than to pop them for myself.