AE Story Missions

FutureTails21

I love making AE story missions and there was a AE story series that I just finished. Now I'm working on a new story arc but the problem is, there was a few people who was interested in doing them who no longer want to do them anymore and normal AE missions get shadowed by farming missions. After working so hard on my new story arc I feel like I should just give up on it due to having little to no interests. I like to make non-canon because I use to make comic books back in the day and my AE missions are based on that. I also think non-canon is a bit more interesting 

29 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

I would love to do something with an actual story. And I agree. Story missions are vastly over shadowed by farm missions. So many AE missions are farms that I can't even find ones that actually have a story other than the ones I've published myself.

I would love to just run a bunch of player created stories but oddly... and kind of ironically... in a game with the most customization I've ever seen the majority of the player base doesn't seem to be that creative.

I would assume all of the "developer choice" missions are stories.  I've done a couple of those and they are cool. I'm sure many non-dev choice missions also have stories.  But that is one way to find at least a few that are.

17 hours ago, RialVestro said:

Oddly though the Developer's Choice missions were already there the first day AE went live so I kinda got the impression those weren't really player created missions but rather examples of what you could do with AE created by the developers themselves. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe that use to be true but has changed... Either way I don't think I've ever seen those missions change or any other missions being added to Developer's Choice.

That to me would mean more if the Developer's Choice missions were changed on a weekly or basis to give the impression that the Developers were actually reviewing missions worthy to be there.

It could be that they were done by the devs, either the Homecoming ones or the ones from live.  But I assumed they were content created by players during live that the Homecoming people carried over. I would imagine that if players here had created story based missions in AE they would make a post about it. It would be cool if the Homecoming people staged some sort of competition, like is done with Costume Contests, but for AE missions.

Actually, even as I wrote the above sentences I decided to go actually "look it up" and sure enough, they have a section of the forums on this very thing :

You might go to the Mission Architect section of the forums. Should be full of people promoting their missions.

Moonstar Ultimate is the author's latest mission, #18616. The mission is locked at level 51. The contact is "Celeste Moonstar", who tasks the player with gathering up the "Incarnates", who are not incarnates in the CoH sense, but members of a supergroup. Or maybe they are Incarnates, I dunno. Anyway, the player rescues a bunch of guys, some of whom are the author's characters. Every map contains a custom enemy group with varied powersets and costumes, although some have generic bios.

So then we have to go Celeste's home planet where the head badguy is imprisoned in a computer, but he broke out. Then we go to a city street where lots of guys are fighting, may of whom are catgirls. Some are on your side and some not, resulting in a number of... wait for it... catfights. Then we go rescue the Space Police, then off to the Longbow Base map to liberate a Chaser loaded with catnip or something. I was on my third doobie by then so I might have gotten a few details wrong, but eh. There are a lot of EB/AVs, but none are too hard, and you usually have catgirl allies.

If you enjoy hot catgirl-on-catgirl action, this is the AE for you. My only nitpick is a few spelling errors.