Volcanic / Visionary / Exorcist Farming...?

BovineAvenger

That's 100 Magma Lords, 100 Rularuu Overseers and 100 Incownate Thorns... especially that last one!  They're rather hard to find in the world map, does anyone know Ourobovos missions with these in reasonable amounts?

For the lords, there's one at the end of the first part of Who Will Die, so I may just run that over and over (like I did the Zeus Titans) but is there a better one does anyone know?

And where exactly are those damnable Incownate Thorns hiding in Dark Astoria?!   Thank moo in advance for any help!

Just did Rularuu Overseers yesterday.  Just flying around the first few islands in Firebase Zulu found enough to get it.  

Incarnate Circle of Thorns should be in Dark Astoria neighborhoods:  Moth Cemetery and Romero Heights.  Haven't farmed that one yet.  

Thanks for the tip on Magma Lords, the map has been very stingy about having them show up.

19 hours ago, BovineAvenger said:

That's 100 Magma Lords, 100 Rularuu Overseers and 100 Incownate Thorns... especially that last one!  They're rather hard to find in the world map, does anyone know Ourobovos missions with these in reasonable amounts?

For the lords, there's one at the end of the first part of Who Will Die, so I may just run that over and over (like I did the Zeus Titans) but is there a better one does anyone know?

And where exactly are those damnable Incownate Thorns hiding in Dark Astoria?!   Thank moo in advance for any help!

Magma bosses set yourself to -1 difficulty and mobsize of at least 6 and farm the last mission of the first chapter of the signature story arc. Defeat all bosses reset mish and repeat.

Rularuu overseers,. Patrol the shadow shard zones or run the task forces, you will get them.

Incarnate Cot, patrol dark astoria

In The Hollows, in Grendel's Gultch, the Pumicites and Elder Pumicites wander around in the open, but aren't the Magma Lords what pop out of the ground if you cross the smoldering patches on the ground? I seem to recall you have to be in level range for them to pop, but you could probably do it exemplared. And there are lots of them, everywhere. If they count.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

8 hours ago, Marine X said:

In The Hollows, in Grendel's Gultch, the Pumicites and Elder Pumicites wander around in the open, but aren't the Magma Lords what pop out of the ground if you cross the smoldering patches on the ground? I seem to recall you have to be in level range for them to pop, but you could probably do it exemplared. And there are lots of them, everywhere. If they count.

About to start farming tonight, so I've not tried the other tips yet, but in general there's a few Lords visible when first zoning in, you can see them glowing from far away and target macros pick them up. But I've tried popping the smoke at L50 in the past, and it doesn't really seem to generate any; and killing the normal mobs to force respawns doesn't seem to give any more Lords.  So off to try the mission trick mentioned!

On 11/6/2019 at 9:28 PM, Nericus said:

Magma bosses set yourself to -1 difficulty and mobsize of at least 6 and farm the last mission of the first chapter of the signature story arc. Defeat all bosses reset mish and repeat.

Rularuu overseers,. Patrol the shadow shard zones or run the task forces, you will get them.

Incarnate Cot, patrol dark astoria

Ok, let's see;

Magma bosses worked, but you have to be very quick to get them as there's a 2 minute timer once they spawn, and if you're squishy it's too easy to get overwhelmed by the mobs around the leader with all their knockdown; stock up on defensive inspirations etc. Leap past all The Lost to the quest NPC, click quickly through, head back and snipe all the leaders and run, there's just enough time to get them this way. There should be 4 Lords per 2 minute run back... One badge down!

Rularuu Overseers; Apparently I'd forgotten the unmarked door leads to the low level Fire Zone, and was searching the rest of the Shadow Shard (Chantry etc) trying to find them, where they're very very rare. Running through the first 3 islands, where the spawn is entirely Rularuu got it within 10 mintues. Two badges down!

Incarnate Thorns: It seems all the wikis etc are listing the mob locations for the older Dark Astoria, which is now the Echo instead. They're not actually in Moth Cemetery and Romero Heights, except very very occasionally as a spawn amongst others. They're in the city instead, I had the most luck around Toffet Terrace and Raimi Arcade instead.  And with that, 3 badges down!  Moo hoo!

Edited by BovineAvenger