WB/inv

terrawar

I have a WB/Invul/Leviathan at lvl 50 and they are great and lots of fun. The Invul is a great Armor set for Sentinels. It doesn't need enemies nearby to increase Defense like Tankers or Scrappers, so the defense is slightly higher amd this allows your to reach defense Soft cap easier. The Damage is a AoE beast; however, the damage is not the strongest. With that said you have to be creative and use procs wisely and it can help the toon a lot. The Epic Powers is where I got Knockout Blow and it's my boss killing attack. With the -Defense from WB and -Resist Proc in some powers, Knockout Blow hit hard. I ended up Slotting KO Blow with 2 Hami Acc/Dam Enhancements and 4 Damage Procs. I know its not the best slotting, but it works for me. I hope this helps a little.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:31 AM, Big Soto74 said:

I have a WB/Invul/Leviathan at lvl 50 and they are great and lots of fun. The Invul is a great Armor set for Sentinels. It doesn't need enemies nearby to increase Defense like Tankers or Scrappers, so the defense is slightly higher amd this allows your to reach defense Soft cap easier. The Damage is a AoE beast; however, the damage is not the strongest. With that said you have to be creative and use procs wisely and it can help the toon a lot. The Epic Powers is where I got Knockout Blow and it's my boss killing attack. With the -Defense from WB and -Resist Proc in some powers, Knockout Blow hit hard. I ended up Slotting KO Blow with 2 Hami Acc/Dam Enhancements and 4 Damage Procs. I know its not the best slotting, but it works for me. I hope this helps a little.

Thx it did help did you keep bot t1 and t2 powers ? And whirlpool slot that with a slowing ioset or dps ?

12 hours ago, terrawar said:

Thx it did help did you keep bot t1 and t2 powers ? And whirlpool slot that with a slowing ioset or dps ?

Obviously I'm not the person you're responding to but you are fishing for information. 

I decided to keep both the T1 and T2 powers but this had nothing to do with the Sentinel inherent.  I kept Aqua Bolt as a filler for my attack routine since I am running my Water/Dark Sent without Hasten.  If I had bothered to build for high recharge (and include Hasten on top of it), then I would have tried for Hydro Blast -> Dehydrate -> Hydro Blast or something along those lines.  Instead I run either Aqua Bolt -> Hydro Blast -> Aqua Bolt -> Water Jet -> [slight pause for the Tidal mechanic] ->Water Jet or some variation placing Dehydrate as either a Tidal builder or spender.  Water Jet's cooldown reset isn't really "instant", there is a slight delay, and it has a slight downtime of 8 seconds.  I happen to like Dehydrate's heal over time but I don't often bother with maximizing it through the Tidal system.  Instead I prefer gaining the increased benefits to Water Jet for single target or Water Burst for AoE.  My Dehydrate has the proc with a chance for endurance so I don't often open with it, and instead use it either before or after my Water Jet.  I squeeze in other powers like Whirlpool/Geyser depending on their cool downs or Water Burst for groups.  I tend to follow a floating priority system when using Water Blast powers vs anything really hard set.  I'm tossing ideas your way more for something to think about than any real hard/fast rules.

I put 5 pieces of the Sentinel ATO Superior Opportunity Strikes into Whirlpool (all but the Accuracy/Endurance/Damage/Recharge mod) with the Achilles' Heel chance for resistance debuff.  The Sentinel ATO proc "Chance for Opportunity" has a reasonable chance to trigger in Whirlpool even against 1 target and it will check that chance to trigger against all 10 enemies it can hit.  So by opening with Whirlpool in this manner I can often get a substantial boost to Opportunity and quickly gain that benefit.  Additionally, Whirlpool has a good chance to inflict the -20% resistance debuff in that Achilles' Heel proc against every enemy it hits.  So it can provide some significant resistance debuff.  Slotting in a chance for recharge slow from some of the sets that can do that isn't a terrible way to go either, but I am biased towards enhancing powers intended for damage with damage perks/sets. 

Edited by oldskool

On 11/11/2019 at 10:05 AM, oldskool said:

Obviously I'm not the person you're responding to but you are fishing for information. 

I decided to keep both the T1 and T2 powers but this had nothing to do with the Sentinel inherent.  I kept Aqua Bolt as a filler for my attack routine since I am running my Water/Dark Sent without Hasten.  If I had bothered to build for high recharge (and include Hasten on top of it), then I would have tried for Hydro Blast -> Dehydrate -> Hydro Blast or something along those lines.  Instead I run either Aqua Bolt -> Hydro Blast -> Aqua Bolt -> Water Jet -> [slight pause for the Tidal mechanic] ->Water Jet or some variation placing Dehydrate as either a Tidal builder or spender.  Water Jet's cooldown reset isn't really "instant", there is a slight delay, and it has a slight downtime of 8 seconds.  I happen to like Dehydrate's heal over time but I don't often bother with maximizing it through the Tidal system.  Instead I prefer gaining the increased benefits to Water Jet for single target or Water Burst for AoE.  My Dehydrate has the proc with a chance for endurance so I don't often open with it, and instead use it either before or after my Water Jet.  I squeeze in other powers like Whirlpool/Geyser depending on their cool downs or Water Burst for groups.  I tend to follow a floating priority system when using Water Blast powers vs anything really hard set.  I'm tossing ideas your way more for something to think about than any real hard/fast rules.

I put 5 pieces of the Sentinel ATO Superior Opportunity Strikes into Whirlpool (all but the Accuracy/Endurance/Damage/Recharge mod) with the Achilles' Heel chance for resistance debuff.  The Sentinel ATO proc "Chance for Opportunity" has a reasonable chance to trigger in Whirlpool even against 1 target and it will check that chance to trigger against all 10 enemies it can hit.  So by opening with Whirlpool in this manner I can often get a substantial boost to Opportunity and quickly gain that benefit.  Additionally, Whirlpool has a good chance to inflict the -20% resistance debuff in that Achilles' Heel proc against every enemy it hits.  So it can provide some significant resistance debuff.  Slotting in a chance for recharge slow from some of the sets that can do that isn't a terrible way to go either, but I am biased towards enhancing powers intended for damage with damage perks/sets. 

this helps a lot, I would like some insight in to this build i built its more of an aoe house with a ST strike chain of aqua bolt--> hydro blast---> steam spray---> mind prode/ shockwave/water burst 3 Tidal power. i will normally open for groups with tidal power+ geyser--> whirl pool--> stream spray. i have found that i love stream spray a lot more than i thought. also energize is there a better 4 slot for that power?

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Water Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aqua Bolt

• (A) Superior Opportunity Strikes - RechargeTime/Chance for Opportunity
  • (19) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (21) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (21) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (31) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (31) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage

Level 1: Kinetic Shield

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
  • (3) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (3) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (5) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 2: Hydro Blast

• (A) Devastation - Chance of Hold

Level 4: Water Burst

• (A) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb
  • (5) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (19) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 6: Kinetic Dampening

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (15) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (17) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance

Level 8: Power Shield

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (9) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (9) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (11) Red Fortune - Endurance
  • (11) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 10: Energize

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb
  • (13) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (15) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance

Level 12: Tidal Forces

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (33) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (33) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (33) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance

Level 14: Fly

• (A) Soaring - Endurance/FlySpeed

Level 16: Hover

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (40) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge

Level 18: Entropy Shield

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 20: Water Jet

• (A) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (25) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (27) Apocalypse - Damage

Level 22: Power Armor

• (A) Titanium Coating - Resistance
  • (23) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance
  • (23) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Recharge
  • (27) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge

Level 24: Maneuvers

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 26: Steam Spray

• (A) Analyze Weakness - Chance for +ToHit
  • (36) Analyze Weakness - Defense Debuff/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Defense Debuff
  • (43) Analyze Weakness - Defense Debuff
  • (45) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 28: Repelling Force

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge

Level 30: Afterburner

• (A) Freebird - FlySpeed

Level 32: Geyser

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (36) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 35: Combat Jumping

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 38: Whirlpool

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (39) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown
  • (39) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 41: Mind Probe

• (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold
  • (42) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage

Level 44: Psychic Shockwave

• (A) Superior Avalanche - Recharge/Chance for Knockdown
  • (45) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage
  • (46) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Superior Avalanche - Damage/Endurance

Level 47: Link Minds

• (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (48) Shield Wall - Defense
  • (48) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance

Level 49: Dominate

• (A) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb
  • (50) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
  • (50) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

Sentinel - Water Blast - Energy Aura post.mxd

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:44 PM, terrawar said:

I didn't pick the tier1 primary power. I was mainly building for AoE powers. I skipped over Unstoppable since I have perma S/L resist cap and I also have S/L defense soft cap. I put the Sentinels Ward set in Whirlpool because of the +absorb proc and I use that power a lot. It gives a +181 HP and that isn't a lot, but with my current Absorb HP they both add up to +434 HP.

P.S. I use this macro and it changes Whirlpool from a Targeted AoE to a PBAoE…  /macro_image "WaterBlast_Whirlpool" "Tooltip" powexec_location me "Whirlpool"

Hydro Soto2.jpg

Hydro Soto.jpg