Necro Soul Extraction- Enchant undead & Dark Empowerment

plainguy

Trying to understand Soul Extraction and the 2 pet training buffs.

Just making sure this is correct.

It says in Mids that the Soul Extracted pet will gain extra powers if buffed with Enchant Dead & Dark Empowerment. 

I am reading again in Mids that Soul Extraction last 11 seconds ?

That is wrong. Soul extraction will not benefit from Enchant or Empower, nor will the pet be any stronger or different if raised from an enchanted and/or empowered henchman. It does however get significantly stronger, when raised from a higher tier henchman (i.e. Lich being the strongest), however even then, the powers it has access to remain the same.

I am using the power to haul around the resistance and defence enhancers of the various pet damage and recharge intensive pet categories, so the Soul Extraction is not well slotted. For this reason, I personally never bother with raising one from a Zombie, but might raise one from a fallen Death Knight and most definitely from a Lich (though that guy tends to be damn survivable).

Right now, I am not 100% sure about the time it stays, but I would guess its 4 minutes (since I don't really use it that often), like most (all?) other pets that need to be recast.

Edited by Tigress
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tigress said:

That is wrong. Soul extraction will not benefit from Enchant or Empower, nor will the pet be any stronger or different if raised from an enchanted and/or empowered henchman. It does however get significantly stronger, when raised from a higher tier henchman (i.e. Lich being the strongest), however even then, the powers it has access to remain the same.

I am using the power to haul around the resistance and defence enhancers of the various pet damage and recharge intensive pet categories, so the Soul Extraction is not well slotted. For this reason, I personally never bother with raising one from a Zombie, but might raise one from a fallen Death Knight and most definitely from a Lich (though that guy tends to be damn survivable).

Right now, I am not 100% sure about the time it stays, but I would guess its 4 minutes (since I don't really use it that often), like most (all?) other pets that need to be recast.

Thank you for the great insight..

As always looking for my next petless or semi petless build concept.