Fortunata Hypnosis bug

Mezicus

I have tried using the Fortunata Hypnosis proc in multiple power for my build and haven’t seen it placate, as the proc advertises that it will.  I have tried it on multiple different powers that will take sleep mod’s.  I have also tried slotting it in different positions in the power and still have never seen it proc the placate.  Is this a bug or is the enhancement not performing as designed?  I know you guys are undermanned and very busy but your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

So... what's supposed to happen when a sleeping foe is placated? I mean, if they're asleep, how do you know they're NOT placated? You'd have to hit them to wake them first, BUT, hitting them breaks placate, also.

You might have to go after an enemy group with healers (like Rikti or Cimeroreans) and try to sleep/placate a guy, then let the healer do their thing. The healing will wake up your foe, but won't break the placate. Or maybe go after a foe who is immune to sleep, like a zombie or robot, which is probably what the placate proc is for.

Also, the placate probably only lasts 8 seconds, as with the other status effect procs, so you won't have a lot of time to note any change in behavior in a foe.

All in all, even if it did work, it'd be pretty useless, and I'm not sure why they made that proc in the first place.

• 2 months later

I just want to say, I had a spare slot for my elec melee/energy aura Stalker and for yucks, I put the Fortunata Hypnosis chance for placate in Havoc Punch, which accepts sleep sets.

After playing a while it occurred to me I hadn't seen any enemies act as if they were placated.  I thought maybe it was because I was quick to fire off the next attack if the enemy was still alive.

One time though, I decided to only use Havoc Punch to fight an even con minion.  The combat log showed that the proc had fired several times, but, again, I saw no indication in practice that the foe was placated.  I would continue to be attacked even when I would hit with Havoc Punch, wait a few seconds, hit again, repeat.  The mob kept attacking.

Just to head off potential "what abouts?"  Energy Aura has no damage aura and Havoc Punch has no DOT, so damage ticks shouldn't be an issue.