Incarnate Resources

QuiJon

So as I get more and more characters in the range of having full incarnate slotting I feel like the current system that seems to lock out the "sharing" of any incarnate salvages but empyrean merits is kind of getting cumbersome. This is not to say that I want things easier, but I am finding that in my attempt to "finish" a character that I might like, I have to choose between possibly playing a character I want to play vs playing one I need to develop. 

I get the incarnate system is supposed to be end game stuff, and not easy. I don't want it to be easier then it is, I would just like it to be equal to how the rest of the game is structured. I mean if I want to earn reward merits I am not dissuaded from playing the character I want to play at the time in order to earn those merits only on the character that I need them for. I can transfer them (at least on the same account but honestly I can buy something and transfer it to another account also) So essentially the majority of the game consists of playing whatever strikes  you fancy at the moment and really other then level, sharing progression amongst your characters as you wish. Drops, influence, merits, salvage, recipes, can all be shared. But not incarnate salvage not threads, not shards. 

Now I know we say that hey its end game you shouldn't rush it. But I do think that there should be some reward that can be gained and used to play an existing character that might no longer benefit from incarnate gains. I mean sure we can say make more powers, but most all of us likely have no use for multiple incarnate powers in any more then possible one slot. But what if we made the mechanisms for buying salvage sharable but at a reduced rate? So like an empyrean merit breaks down into 20 threads. So how about an option to buy empyrean merits for 40 threads. That is twice as expensive but allows me to least make some use of resources I am gaining when playing characters that have been completed because I can transfer those merits to a different toon even though it is essentially at a high rate of exchange.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

I would go further and suggest we let people give reward merits and emp merits away to any other account we like. We earned them, let us do what we like with them. 

I do wonder tho - if my primary character could just give the thousands of threads and hundreds of shards stashed to my alts...I could probably t-4 out half a dozen characters as soon as they ding 50. While I would ike the ability to do that, I'm not sure how I feel about actually being able to do it. 

It is an interesting concept, I give you that, one that I find myself sitting at the fence.

I like the idea to share resources within an account, I do support the concept that there should be no limitations in this respect. Now making incarnate stuff say sellable at the auction house? Parts of it is appealing, and parts of it I have reservations.

I personally are an alt-o-holic. I have 11 characters, 3 are 50+3, all three have 3 of the slots at tier 4. I would find it handy to be able to share stuff among each other to make the improvement process faster.

But then last night, it hit me, why it would not be a good idea as well. The problem is if you have a very effective class, or one you happen to play very welll, you would wind up playing that all the time and improving the other classes with the spoils earned from the one you plain all the time. At first hand, there is nothing appearing to be wrong, it actually looks all good. But the problem is that I am know having alts at high levels with tier 4 mods and I really do not master them as if  I had played that one class all along as they worked their way up. As I said last night, I dusted off my Storm Defender, who is fully IOd, and was mopping up baddies along the way. Then all of a sudden I got ambushed, surrounded, could not move because they were all around me, thus pinned and unable to move. I fought like crazy, but truthfully, I panicked, eventually the standard hold mez die sequence kicked in and I died. In retrospect, I panicked and did not use my character at its fullest, because I do not play it as often as I should for her reputation attained. All I needed to do was to engage my hurricane, and bam they are off me and I can maneuver again! The debuff from hurricane who is IO set slotted would have done it for me, and I would survived, and another duh moment, I have a tier 4 ION judgment, not only could I have survived the engagement, I could have killed them all as well. In short a newby mistake in a very high leveled character.

After this long story, is like happened to me, my newbie error can and does impact the rest of my team. If a lot of players are having these virtual experienced tier 4 alts with little actual playing experience, who got their veteran levels by sitting at a farm, can very well become an issue.

I think it is a compromise to allow trading within account, while not in the auction house.

Just my grain of salt