Leg options: Pie in the Thigh?

Replacement

Proposal:

Given the shocking revelations of this thread:

...And not having a clue what is easy/hard to implement in the costume creator...

I humbly propose a thigh texture option.  

Goal:

There's a section between torso and knee that often requires certain concessions on the part of our fashion designers; compromises to our dreams.  This could be implemented as a "leg" category, or as a secondary selection on the Pants/Bottom section.

Visual aids to help explain what I'm speaking of.  Observe Thigh of the Tiger here:

ThighoftheTiger.png.7482676f5eb8240143f9303130d68dfb.png

See something wrong, here?

I particularly have a lot of female characters where I like to show some skin but... would like a little more cover on the legs!

If it helps, I know Titan Icon's NPC creator mode has options for *ahem* crotchless leg parts.  As far as I can understand it,  if it's a pattern in female's "Bottoms" but not in "Bottoms with skin", it appears to be a separate piece and could feasibly be added alongside any existing bottom.

Is this worth the effort?

Probably not.  I'd sure like it, though.

The Steaks are not Thigh, Butt this is just another Leg in the journey to keep our character creator Hip.

...Femur.

Steaks.thumb.png.f52280ce236a4ff28200c982d42dc8db.png

Edited by Replacement
  • Haha 1

Honestly the abundance of puns threw me for a moment and thought you wanted pie based pants from the title. I've heard that the way the game is coded there is a hard limit on the number of costume sections you can have, but if there is room adding thighs and arms between shoulders and gloves would be nice.

24 minutes ago, Dragon Crush said:

Honestly the abundance of puns threw me for a moment and thought you wanted pie based pants from the title. I've heard that the way the game is coded there is a hard limit on the number of costume sections you can have, but if there is room adding thighs and arms between shoulders and gloves would be nice.

Yeah!  Number Six figured out how to remove that limit!  The thread I linked at the top is an exciting read.

Edited by Replacement

I have the same nit pick with shoulders because for a rather muscular character you have ZERO traps and a thing neck. this is a bizarre chimera of buffness to have armor but not upper shoulders/backs/neck be in line with rest of body.

• Retired Game Master

Speaking of Pie in the Thigh requests.

Honestly I'd like to see a "skin type" added on top of what you've suggested. This would replace the default skin you see any time skin is seen, and would almost supplant a lot of individual costume options. Though should certainly not replace them because there's plenty of combined 'skin' options that look good together and it would be an absolute shame to lose that. It's likely a lot more difficult than 'all the auras' or even the color picker to implement, though.

If that isn't detailed enough for you, imagine another category that allows you to pick a skin type (defaulting to 'human') including all the typical kinds you find in various costume: Bio organic, zombie, monstrous fur, etc. This is your default skin, and any time any option shows skin, that's what shows up unless overridden by a body part specific option. This would also include a primary color (this could replace the current skin color picker even) and secondary color, and would also allow a default 'pattern' (hence the secondary color) that could also be overridden (or overlapped, dare I say?) with a body part specific option.

LAYERS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, GM Sijin said:

Speaking of Pie in the Thigh requests.

Honestly I'd like to see a "skin type" added on top of what you've suggested. This would replace the default skin you see any time skin is seen, and would almost supplant a lot of individual costume options. Though should certainly not replace them because there's plenty of combined 'skin' options that look good together and it would be an absolute shame to lose that. It's likely a lot more difficult than 'all the auras' or even the color picker to implement, though.

If that isn't detailed enough for you, imagine another category that allows you to pick a skin type (defaulting to 'human') including all the typical kinds you find in various costume: Bio organic, zombie, monstrous fur, etc. This is your default skin, and any time any option shows skin, that's what shows up unless overridden by a body part specific option. This would also include a primary color (this could replace the current skin color picker even) and secondary color, and would also allow a default 'pattern' (hence the secondary color) that could also be overridden (or overlapped, dare I say?) with a body part specific option.

LAYERS.

That would be awesome.

• Retired Game Master
4 hours ago, Dragon Crush said:

That would be awesome.

And probably require rewriting a significant portion of the costume system and changing literally every costume that shows any amount of skin to use the new system instead...

Any volunteers? 😜

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

And probably require rewriting a significant portion of the costume system and changing literally every costume that shows any amount of skin to use the new system instead...

If I had to guess the way it's written, the 'skin' areas are handled just like all of the 'pattern' options, with a single flag that tells the client "use skin color rather than secondary color", so that it's not actually doing anything different than it does with a normal costume piece. This would make it nasty to replace it with a texture, since you'd need the texture map for the whole part of the body, then have the costume piece act like a mask on the skin texture. And some of the 'skin textures' would be model-altering -- IIRC, some of the Zombie options have limb segments that are just defleshed bones, and that won't play well with some of the 'X with Skin' costume pieces.